fly fishing - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
fly fishing

Going to the upper Trinity River, above Trinity Lake, in Trinity County, CA Thursday early a.m. Thee are 2 USFS campgrounds which I have never explored. I will check them out. Have some new flies to try. Last time I was by that river it looked beautiful. Should be some trout in there somewhere. I'll let you know when I get back what I find. Scamp and Skippy and I are planning on having a good time for a couple of days. Marg in NW California
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Trinity River

Marg, I've fished the Trinity River near Lewiston, below the Hatchery, and caught trout and steelhead. It's also a great place for salmon, when in season. Barb-less hooks only. Good luck on your adventures and exploring. zigzag530@gmail.com Steve & Terri
Steve & Terri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #3

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Hi Marg,
I assume, by your name, that you are female. I'd like to know how you learned to fly fish since most fly fishers are male. It looks like a beautiful and relaxing sport that I (a female) might like to learn too. Some people have told me that free lessons are offered through the fly-fishing club in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco (near to where I live). I'll have to check them out.
If you don't already know, there is a group of women nationwide who belong to a club, Sisters on the Fly. They started as a group of fly-fishing women who loved to travel in their vintage trailers which they paint and decorate with whimsical themes.
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #4

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Fly fishing

Hi all, I was married to a fly fisherman and he more or less taught me. I have received many comments on being a woman fly fisher plus being a left-handed fly fisher. Some think that is really a kick, I don't see the humor, after all I am left handed. I have tied many flies, it is a good hobby, especially during the winter when we are all house-bound. You can learn a lot just by watching and trying. It is not a hard sport to learn and it is fun to try a fly that you think looks delicious but the fish turn their noses up at it. Oh well, fish are very particular. I am not a purist, I don't wade, I roll cast if l don't have a clear back-space. It's fun. I'll try the river tomorrow and Friday and let you know what I find. Forgot to tell you all that I am past eighty and on the go most of the time with Scamp, Skippy and Me. Marg in NW California/
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (Previously 2004 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marg View Post
Forgot to tell you all that I am past eighty and on the go most of the time with Scamp, Skippy and Me. Marg in NW California/
You go, girl!
Karen T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:36 AM   #6

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
boy,,,its surprising how many times in life i have heard a woman say,,,," i WAS married to a fly fisherman....."
think i see a pattern there
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:44 AM   #7

Name: Robert
Trailer: 1985 scamp 13ft
Oregon
All my sisters fish.

When I was growing up, the only way we fished was fly fishing. I have 4 sisters and a mother that are avid fly fishers. I found out if you weren't catching fish hand a rod to one of my sisters. We usually fished the high lakes in Oregon for brook trout. Photo of some rainy lake brookies.
Attached Thumbnails
13.jpg  
Robert Detrick is offline   Reply With Quote