Flying J RV Real Value Club card - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-06-2003, 06:59 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Flying J RV Real Value Club card

With Flying J Truck Steps expanding into Ontario And Quebec ... and continuing to aggressively expand across the US ... it's time for me to beat my Flying J drum again.

This company is a win-win-win for RV'ers folks.

Not only do they welcome RV'ers, with separate RV fuel islands, dumps stations, propane and fuel ... they encourage RV'ers to spend a quick overnight ... usually (but not always) in a separate RV overnight parking area.

But, because I'm a penny-pincher, Flying J usually has the cheapest fuel in the area ... and in addition, offers a free RV Real Value Club membership which saves you a penny per gallon.

Hey, a penny saved is a penny earned. Watch your pennies and your dollars (both US and Canadian) will grow.

If you don't have an RV rewards card, stop at the nearest Flying J location to get one. Here are details on the RV club:

http://serv2.flyingj.com/programs/rvclub.cfm

You can click around the website to find locations and gas prices on your route!

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 07:10 AM   #2

Quote:
Orginally posted by Charles Watts

With Flying J Truck Steps expanding into Ontario And Quebec ... and continuing to aggressively expand across the US ... it's time for me to beat my Flying J drum again.

This company is a win-win-win for RV'ers folks.

Not only do they welcome RV'ers, with separate RV fuel islands, dumps stations, propane and fuel ... they encourage RV'ers to spend a quick overnight ... usually (but not always) in a separate RV overnight parking area.

But, because I'm a penny-pincher, Flying J usually has the cheapest fuel in the area ... and in addition, offers a free RV Real Value Club membership which saves you a penny per gallon.

Hey, a penny saved is a penny earned. Watch your pennies and your dollars (both US and Canadian) will grow.

If you don't have an RV rewards card, stop at the nearest Flying J location to get one. Here are details on the RV club:

http://serv2.flyingj.com/programs/rvclub.cfm

You can click around the website to find locations and gas prices on your route!
I used my RV Rewards Card for the first time on my last trip. I did not get the discount. I'll have to read the fine print.

Around here and in AZ, Walmart offers a 3 cent discount at their stations when you use their pre-paid shopping card.

Old 05-06-2003, 07:15 AM   #3

Morgan, your truck isn't diesel, is it?

You need to purchase 20 gallons of diesel to get the discount.

Some of Flying J's loyality cards might require a certain number of gallons of gasoline ... but the RV Real Value card should have given you a penny off on the first gallon (whether you pay at the pump or pay at the counter.)

Pay at the pump -- insert the RV card then insert credit card when prompted.

Pay at the counter -- hand the clerk the RV card, make sure she swipes it before she swipes your credit card.

Suz just notifed me that apparently you can apply on-line for the RV Club card ... at the link I listed above.

Old 05-06-2003, 07:20 AM   #4

>>Walmart

Good to know.

Love's Travel Centers offer a discount (3 cents, I think) to Good Sam's members, but you can't pay at the pump to get it. You have to go inside and ask the clerk.

In my experience, Flying J's are usually cheaper than Love's, so that doesn't excite me.

>>American Auto Club

I dumped AAA years ago after joining Good Sam's, but still have it's Platnium Card ... which gives you a 5 Percent Rebate on fuel, when you pay at the pump (New program, started March 2003)(check with your local AAA before getting too excited to see if it's offered for you)

So, for me, the optimum is to pull up to a Flying J ... insert my RV Club card (for a penny), then pay at the pump with the AAA Platnium Card (and receive a 5 percent rebate). (I used to use my GM Card, for a 5% rebate on a future Suburban purchase)(But money in my pocket is better than future pay-off).

Hey, I'm not one of those rich generator owning guys.

I gotta watch my pennies!