Followed Home - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2009, 09:01 PM   #1

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Well, we've had all kinds of approaches made on the road and in campgrounds, but this is the first time someone followed us into our neighborhood and to our house as we returned from a 3 day Scamp trip. They have been looking at Hi-Lo's and saw us go by and wanted to find out if it fit in our garage, what it was, and where you get one......
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:58 PM   #2

Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
The first time we ever went camping in our Scamp, someone wanted to buy it. We've had several inquiries since then but no one has ever followed us home!
Sandra Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:55 AM   #3

Trailer: Boler 1984
We've had people aproach and ask to view the Boler as we checked into a campground and then follow us to our campsite and wait for us to set up. We've also had several knock on our door at home and ask to look at it. It is amusing but keep it locked up tight, there are some even more brazen who just might hook up and go when your not at home. It has happened.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #4

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I too had that happen. I noticed a car making the same turns as I did and then it turned onto my street which is a cul de sac and it was not a neighborhood car. By the time I drove down my driveway and was backing up here came a lady walking down my driveway.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:49 AM   #5

Trailer: 1976 Tripple E Surfside
There's a guy we know who just bought a brand new trailer less than 6 months ago,
and someone actually hooked on to it,and stole it last Wednesday from right in their driveway.
They were getting ready to take off that week, and even had their clothes,and food already loaded in it.
Un-beleiveable, but true.!!!

More than ever now,
I'll be making absolutely sure that both tong locks are always on our baby.!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 11:13 AM   #6

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Greg when I read your title I thought you had bought another trailer! When we are out front we have people stop all the time and try to buy the Boler. We've discussed it and from now on I'm going to tell them "Yes it's for sale 6500.00." It only takes one sucker......
Old 06-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #7

Trailer: 2008 19 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe 5th Wheel
Lizbeth - and if they blanch at the price, just point out that it IS a classic, and $6,500 is STEAL. To 'Glass enthusiasts / collectors these normally go for closer to $10k. But you GOTTA keep a straight face.

Quote:
Greg when I read your title I thought you had bought another trailer! When we are out front we have people stop all the time and try to buy the Boler. We've discussed it and from now on I'm going to tell them "Yes it's for sale 6500.00." It only takes one sucker......
Alan Weinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:48 AM   #8

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Greg when I read your title I thought you had bought another trailer!

Me too! I was gonna say Congrats! LOL................ Never have had them follow me home, But have had them chase me down in gas stations, mini mart parking lots, Only one scared me, A big ole Montana Mountain Man, running up to me waving his arms.

If someone followed me home, it's probably cause I flipped them the birdie at some point along the drive home. I have no patience so if you drive like a moron, I was put on this earth to tell you.............
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:54 AM   #9

Trailer: 73 Boler (modified)
I'm with ya robin, stupid people shouldn't drive. I've got a bumper sticker on the back of my truck that says 'sorry for driving so close in front of you". I want to put one on the back bumper of my egg that says, "the closer you get, the slower i go".
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #10

Trailer: 1976 Tripple E Surfside
Quote:
I'm with ya robin, stupid people shouldn't drive. I've got a bumper sticker on the back of my truck that says 'sorry for driving so close in front of you". I want to put one on the back bumper of my egg that says, [b]"the closer you get, the slower i go".
I don,t have that on any of my vehicles,or trailer,
however, it ain't long before they understand that,
that's exactly what I,m doing.

I HATE tailgaters.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:13 PM   #11

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
Well, we've had all kinds of approaches made on the road and in campgrounds, but this is the first time someone followed us into our neighborhood and to our house as we returned from a 3 day Scamp trip. They have been looking at Hi-Lo's and saw us go by and wanted to find out if it fit in our garage, what it was, and where you get one......
Makes me wonder if an egg could be a chick magnet.

So soon old so late smart.
ronsmith100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #12

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: ronsmith100... I thought an egg was a chick...only younger!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:08 PM   #13

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Yep, just like my old classic cars attract stud muffins.... unfortunately I'm usually old enough to be the mother of the guys that like to come look
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #14

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Quote:
Yep, just like my old classic cars attract stud muffins.... unfortunately I'm usually old enough to be the mother of the guys that like to come look
I believe that qualifies as a "cougar." Not a reference to the car...
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #15

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
Quote:
I believe that qualifies as a "cougar." Not a reference to the car...

i know what ya mean Greg
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:42 PM   #16

Quote:
I'm with ya robin, stupid people shouldn't drive. I've got a bumper sticker on the back of my truck that says 'sorry for driving so close in front of you". I want to put one on the back bumper of my egg that says, "the closer you get, the slower i go".
My biggest Pet Peeve, people who ride my bumper.
Years ago I had a guy riding my bumper for 30 blocks in rush hour traffic, we hit a red light that I knew was a long one, I proceeded to get out of my car and walk about half way back to his car (would have walked up to his car, but my feet were killing me in my 4 inch heels) and scream, If I wanted someone riding my a_ _, I would still live at home with my Dad, I don't so I suggest you back off! Everyone around us stuck in traffic started clapping and giving me a thumbs up! LOL....................
Old 06-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #17

Quote:

LOL! Know what you mean Donna

Ron, you paint your egg to match your cool truck, better yet a classic car and yes it can become a chick magnet.....................
Old 06-01-2009, 11:10 PM   #18

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:
Works for me! Almost every time I've been out with our Scamp a beautiful woman sleeps with me. The only exceptions are when I went to pick our trailer up from the seller (spent the night at a truck stop in a mountain pass where the winds so high it made the windows whistle) and at air/aviation shows when my son comes along (teenage children are anti-chick-magnets).

Lets see . . . she's always a blond . . . always blue eyes . . . my height . . . nice figure . . .
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote