For dog lovers - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-20-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Just came across the most wonderful tool, a bit pricy, but worth it! It's called the Furminator and I got it at Petsmart. You can get more info on it at

My dog, Jobi, is a beautiful husky/shepherd/chow/retreiver mix. You can imagine the amount of hair she has. If I want my floors looking decent I would have to dustmop EVERY DAY. Every year (in fact, twice last year) I pay $75 to have her shaved (extra because her long thick feathers get matted). She then looks ugly and chubby. I bought the furminator because I'd heard good things about it and Petsmart said I could return it if it didn't work. Oh my goodness! The hair just comes out of her in chunks! All of it appears to be her fuzzy soft undercoat. I've done 3 15-minutes sessions between yesterday and today, the front lawn is coated with hair (looks like we've been butchering rabbits!) and it's obvious there's still a lot more to come out. It doesn't seem to bother Jobi much. Last night she hardly shed on my bed at all! I'm so excited! I'm not going to have to keep having her shaved and she will look pretty year round! And it's cheaper too, which means more money for road trips!

Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:04 PM   #2
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
I have heard good things about them too.

I switch from "furball with tails" to Beagles.. so I don't have this problem anymore, but I will get one if I ever get another "Cousin It"
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote