Former Pop up owners - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #29

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: Boler 1978 17' 4" Earlton Ont Model
Ontario
Registry
Had a tent trailer in the past yes when fully setup it was bigger than our 17’ boler. I could not move it around the yard any easier than our current 17' boler. In the rain now we will just run in and wait to level later. Best of all I now have a bathroom and soon a working shower. My wife said no more tents! When the bed is a couch and table is up we have more floor space now. Did I mention that the 10’ Colman pop-up weight was 3500 lbs. and the boler is 2500 lbs. stock;
P.S. Our current car could not pull the Colman. Only draw back is the air being pushed at speed, requiring a tans cooler and maybe some reduced mileage.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:22 PM   #30

Name: Dave (and/or John)
Trailer: Scamp 16 SD std layout 6
Georgia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borden View Post
Had a tent trailer in the past yes when fully setup it was bigger than our 17’ boler. I could not move it around the yard any easier than our current 17' boler. In the rain now we will just run in and wait to level later. Best of all I now have a bathroom and soon a working shower. My wife said no more tents! When the bed is a couch and table is up we have more floor space now. Did I mention that the 10’ Colman pop-up weight was 3500 lbs. and the boler is 2500 lbs. stock;
P.S. Our current car could not pull the Colman. Only draw back is the air being pushed at speed, requiring a tans cooler and maybe some reduced mileage.
Guess it depends on the model. The 10 ft box Coleman I had weighed just 1250 lbs and was easier to pull than my 2450 lb 16' Scamp. I like both, but the Scamp fits my travel profile much better now.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:44 PM   #31

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Haggerty

Guess it depends on the model. The 10 ft box Coleman I had weighed just 1250 lbs and was easier to pull than my 2450 lb 16' Scamp. I like both, but the Scamp fits my travel profile much better now.
I know that my Starcraft was much heavier than my Scamp. It pulled pretty well behind my 72 horsepower diesel Benz, though. I wouldn't try to pull it with my Scion... It was well over the 2,000 pound hitch rating.

I think the smallest current Coleman has a dry weight of 1,645 pounds. A few options and some cargo would easily put it over a ton.