Fortune Cookies - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2015, 06:59 PM   #1

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Fortune Cookies

Ginny and I went out to dinner to our favorite Chinese Restaurant. After dinner there was the traditional fortune cookie, here's the quote...

"You are a lover of words and someday you'll write a book."

As most of you know I am writing a book... it felt a little eerie.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:31 PM   #2

Name: Mon
Trailer: 13' 2008 Scamp...YAY!
Missouri
I went to a psychic fair to have my yearly aura photo taken. While there I thought, why not...and had a tarot "reading".

Guy spreads the cards out and says, "I'm getting the name Harry. Harry cares for you VERY much and wants to be involved in your life. Do you know someone named Harry?"

Almost hated to tell the guy...my dog's name is Perry.

Always a good idea to pay attention to the little signs. LOL! Norm, it probably means your book will hit the best seller list.

Mon
monB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:27 AM   #3

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by monB View Post
Always a good idea to pay attention to the little signs. LOL! Norm, it probably means your book will hit the best seller list.
Mon
I agree that little signs are important, they help you become conscious about your goals. My goals have turned around so much since we began our RVing life. Now it's Ginny, our travels and ourselves.

I just feel better about living everyday, improving and extending ourselves in all kinds of ways.

Its nice to be reminded by a fortune cookie, by a friend who notices our improved appearance, by a rose I now stop to smell. My previous life by most measures was very good, our last 15 years have been better.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 09-17-2015, 07:46 AM   #4

Name: Carl
Trailer: 1994 Scamp 16
Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Ginny and I went out to dinner to our favorite Chinese Restaurant. After dinner there was the traditional fortune cookie, here's the quote...

"You are a lover of words and someday you'll write a book."

As most of you know I am writing a book... it felt a little eerie.
Norm,
Do you have an estimated date as to when you will complete your book?
Because, I would like to get a copy! Please let me know when you finish?
I can not wait, I know it will be good reading!!!
Nut501

If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else! Yogi Berra
Nut501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:32 AM   #5

Florida
Good Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut501 View Post
Norm,
Do you have an estimated date as to when you will complete your book?
Because, I would like to get a copy! Please let me know when you finish?
I can not wait, I know it will be good reading!!!
Nut501
I've never done a book before so I have no idea. Fortunately it's not a non-fiction book where I have to seek an ending. Here it's just a collection of 'Musings', thoughts that have happened on the road. Things I didn't really have time to think in a busy everyday life.

I would say that's what makes it fun. I've previously had spurts like this in my more traditional life without the freedom I now have. In cleaning the house we came across Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, a book that shows you you can draw and draw well. It's just hidden inside. (We gave away probably a 1000 books but this is one of the few I kept.)

Yesterday I found my sketch pad, paints and pencils. I packed them to take. I came across one painting that I took as well. There is so much hiding inside of all of us.

Back to the end of the book, I've written 22 chapters, way too much that I'm now looking over. There seems to be an overlap beyond tying things together. Looking at them after 'blast' writing them is fun, providing time to reflect, support and polish. I love having fun and this has been fun. I know many people have suggested the writing of a book but I'll be forever indebted to Ellpea for suggesting a title that got my fingers moving.

I've now created the writing habit. When I was a kid, I had really Catholic friends who would feel guilty for not going to confession. Now I know how they feel. I've created the writing habit and now I feel I NEED to write every day.

I'm becoming habit conscious. A very good, now dead, book editor friend told me that when you turn 70 you focus more on the things that are really important.

Everyone will know when it's done. In a sense the writing is my goal, not publishing, fame or sales.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 09-17-2015, 09:28 AM   #6

Name: Carl
Trailer: 1994 Scamp 16
Arkansas
Norm,
I think it would be a good idea, if you would let Ginny add a few thoughts to your book! She can give us a different view of your travels! I always enjoy reading your post on this site. With a book then I will not have chase all over the place to find your postings! When I retire with more time on my hands, then maybe I can write a book. Time will tell!
Thanks,
Nut501

If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else! Yogi Berra
Nut501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:53 AM   #7

Florida
Carl,

Ginny and I do talk about what I'm writing though she hasn't read it yet. One of the portions we were talking about was time. How when working we did not have the free time we do now. In retrospect we realize we could have organized our lives and selves better and had more time. We could have been better habit and goals people. No one gets to fix the past, we can do well with the present. 143

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 09-17-2015, 09:40 PM   #8

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
I've now created the writing habit. When I was a kid, I had really Catholic friends who would feel guilty for not going to confession. Now I know how they feel. I've created the writing habit and now I feel I NEED to write every day.