Found another one! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #1

Name: Cricket
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Minnesota
Found another one!

2005 Scamp....most of the fixins! $6250....and 4 1/2 hours away....sounds a smidge high to me (not too bad though)....what says the group!
Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #2

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
13' or 16' I sold a 77 trillium for 5k and I was only asking 4k, it became a bidding war.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #3

Minnesota
Sorry...it's a 13'. No bath, furnace, linoleum, screen door fantatic fan, stove, gravel guard, etc....

He's basing the price on a similar one that sold in Maine....dare I say Scamps are probably a little more common in MN....
Old 11-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggless View Post
Sorry...it's a 13'. No bath, furnace, linoleum, screen door fantatic fan, stove, gravel guard, etc......
Perhaps I am reading this wrong but with none of the items you mention I dont think its worth it..... strange it doesnt even have a stove... sounds pretty bare bones.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #5

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
I read it as having no bath, but having all the other items mentioned. Guess Cricket will have to clear it up for us.
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:43 AM   #6

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil M. View Post
I read it as having no bath, but having all the other items mentioned. Guess Cricket will have to clear it up for us.

I read it the same way. In his first post he said "most of the fixins!".

I would say that's about as low as one could expect for a 2005 13', depending on condition.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:57 AM   #7

Registry
Yes I saw that first post as well re all the fixin's but then I read the later one which made me question it. ....

If it does have everything but the bath and as you say in good shape the asking price is not out of line IMO.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:10 AM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Yes I saw that first post as well re all the fixin's but then I read the later one which made me question it. ....

If it does have everything but the bath and as you say in good shape the asking price is not out of line IMO.

Don't tell the seller, but I think it's around $1500 - $2000 low. Assuming great condition.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #9

Minnesota
Sorry...it was no bath...yes to everything else. Maybe it isn't such a bad price. When I went to look at an 08 for $6600 several people said it was too high....I guess I thought with 3 years in difference it would be worth a little less as well. New ones are $8600 right now ( I called two weeks ago).
Old 12-01-2012, 07:35 AM   #10

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 19
Arizona
Traveling to find a good trailer

I just bought a Scamp 5th wheel, and traveled 2,100 mile, driving three days, to buy it. It was in very good condition and at a reasonable price. Now that my wife and I have used it for the past couple of weeks, we a very happy. Yes we have found a couple of things that needed attention, but on the whole, it is great. We looked for a year for the right deal, not so much at where it was, but the best trailer at a reasonable price. . We are also very luck to have worked with very nice sellers. We had a wonderful day working throught all the details of the transaction.

We have camped in some pretty cold weather (29degs) and are taking it easy as we travel, and enjoying the trip.
captsteve2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #11

Name: Bill
Trailer: in the market
Florida
I just purchased a 2005 Scamp 16' Deluxe, with the front bath, side dinette, roof air, electric brakes, dual propane tanks, larger fridge, solar panel, upgraded axle and 14" tires for $7,200.

It had been in storage for six months, and needs some clean up on the inside, but I was happy to get it for that price.

I think $6250 for a 13' without a bath is a little high.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
scamptacoma.jpg  
guerillabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #12

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
If you think it's a bit high, offer the seller less. Maybe you can settle in the middle?
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #13

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
If you have the money and like it, buy it. Then you can spend your time enjoying, not looking. With this weather, you could be camping.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #14

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
I didn't see a link, but that price is a lot less than we sold our 2004 Scamp w/bath for a few months ago.

Best bet: Determine how much you want to pay and make lots of offers. The later in the year, the lower the price. And prices paid in Maine or CA in June don't count.

Rule of Thumb about price opinions: Those that want to buy always think that asking prices are too high, those that are even thinking about selling think that asking prices are OK or even too low. That's Life...

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #15

Registry
Quote:
New ones are $8600 right now ( I called two weeks ago).
Did that price include the 3 way fridge, rock guard, screen door, furnace and fantastic fan that the one you are looking at have? I seem to think some of those may be pricey options, but they are IMO very much needed options.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #16

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1999
My 2 cents worth: During the camping season that sounds like a very fair price to me, perhaps it is a little high now. I am also assuming it is in very good condition & comes with a stove to cook on, although it is possible it doesn't have one. No stove does bring down the resale and practicle use factor if you plan to cook (not!) or make morning coffee (yes!) in it.

Scamps sell fairly quickly in MN area so it won't last long even during the offseason (me thinks). It seems like a good one to view and/or make an offer on-
Mark J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #17

Registry
Quote:
Sorry...it was no bath...yes to everything else. Maybe it isn't such a bad price. When I went to look at an 08 for $6600 several people said it was too high....I guess I thought with 3 years in difference it would be worth a little less as well. New ones are $8600 right now ( I called two weeks ago).
That's 8600 bare bones. Really bare bones.
My 2006 price was $7995 bare bones. By the time I got I paid $10,338 for it.

All the stuff you mentioned add to the price, including the linoleum.
I hope that helps a bit.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #18

Minnesota
It isn't actually on the market yet, so I think I have a little time. It does seem to be in pretty good condition....but with Christmas right around the corner, it is about $700 more than I have in cash assets right now....i made an offer...we'll see what happens!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #19

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
I have my fingers crossed for you, Cricket! Boy is it hard to type!
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #20

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Yes, as others have pointed out the price that was quoted to you from Scamo was bare bones - the option package which includes fridge,silverwear drawer,extra cabinet,gravel shield,screen door,city water and window over stove is another $900 then other examples would be roof fan $175, furnace $395 etc etc. That would be a good deal round here if the condition is good.

Bill (Florida) you got an amazing deal on the deluxe 16, I have never seen one priced so low.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote