found some trillium taillights at a flea market - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2008, 07:01 AM   #1

Trailer: Former 1978 Trillium 4500 owner (now 2010 R-pod)
Ontario
I attended my local automotive flea market last weekend which marked the end of the old car season and spotted a familiar looking taillight in a box of old lights. I was surprised to see four of them and having had to put larger and larger screws in mine to hold the lenses on each time I changed a bulb on my 30 year old Trillium, I thought I'd offer to buy all 4 to have as spares. A deal was made with the vendor who said his late father was in the auto parts business and he was selling off a bunch of old stuff of his when his wife steps over to us and says "Hey we have a couple more of those same lights back here, would you like to make an even better deal on all 6?" What the heck "Sure", I said. So now I have 6 taillights, lol. They not only appear to be in great shape for spares but appear to never have been used at all judging by the unmarred condition of the wiring. So, did I make a find worthy of the "Antiques Roadshow" or is this just more clutter for the basement, lol?
Attached Thumbnails
taillights.jpg  
Old 12-13-2008, 07:09 AM   #2

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Hi Phil,
Nice find. I too own a 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe. Are you willing to part with one set of 2? I notice there are 2 that have a small insert, different color. Is that for one side for back-up light? Id so how much ? Thanks!

Dave
Dave Baston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:33 AM   #3

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
I think you did good. My wife on the other hand would argue.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:45 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Phil... I think you have found a market niche here!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:11 AM   #5

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Phil, off hand I'd say you stumbled onto a "GOLD MINE" for sure BUT (and I say that hesitantly...) you have a very limited range of users for these lights. They can be modified to fit some other uses, but not everyone is into 'doing' that. SO, since you seem to have a pile of useless plastic lenses layin around just collecting dust anyway, why not just box them up and send'm out to the BEst Coast here??? I'll even pay for the shipping <he said, wiping the drool from his cin> LOL!!!!!

...'SOME' people have ALL the luck
Attached Thumbnails
CR_Decal1.jpg  
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:37 AM   #6

Trailer: Former 1978 Trillium 4500 owner (now 2010 R-pod)
Ontario
Hi everyone,

I guess I had naively posted my modest flea market find as a discussion on the relative rarity of the bits and pieces on our old trailers. I enjoy the adventure of searching through the obsolete bins in various RV and boating stores in my area looking for parts that will fit my trailer. For example, I've now found all the correct beige plastic water inlet and outlet and electrical fittings on the side of the trailer. I hadn't posted the picture of the taillights as a classified ad but judging by the number of emails I've received wanting to buy one or two, I guess I should have known better. When I get the trailer uncovered in the spring and figure out what needs replacing, I'll be sure and post a classifed ad for the left over lights.

To answer a couple of questions, the lenses are all red, there is no yellow or clear insert at all, so they are a bit different than one of the lights on the lights on my trailer that has a clear portion to illuminate the licence plate. I think the flash of the camera reflecting off the reflector portion of a couple of the lenses gave the yellow appearance.

Cheers,

Phil
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5351.JPG  
Old 12-14-2008, 08:19 AM   #7

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
I'll take one.

For those of us who are not as lucky, I believe you may still be able to buy those Bargman tail lights here.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:54 AM   #8

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
I believe that Paul Neumeister at a-1auto[at]quadro.net has some NOG Trillium tailights in stock. It's worth checking if you need some. He is in Sebringville, Ontario.
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:43 AM   #9

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I guess I had naively posted my modest flea market find as a discussion on the relative rarity of the bits and pieces on our old trailers. I enjoy the adventure of searching through the obsolete bins in various RV and boating stores in my area looking for parts that will fit my trailer. For example, I've now found all the correct beige plastic water inlet and outlet and electrical fittings on the side of the trailer. I hadn't posted the picture of the taillights as a classified ad but judging by the number of emails I've received wanting to buy one or two, I guess I should have known better. When I get the trailer uncovered in the spring and figure out what needs replacing, I'll be sure and post a classifed ad for the left over lights.

To answer a couple of questions, the lenses are all red, there is no yellow or clear insert at all, so they are a bit different than one of the lights on the lights on my trailer that has a clear portion to illuminate the licence plate. I think the flash of the camera reflecting off the reflector portion of a couple of the lenses gave the yellow appearance.

Cheers,

Phil
Hi Phil,
Nice unit. I notice the small bumper/frame like the Trillium 1300's is on yours. Mine is the heavy duty 4" x 4". That fits my drain tube to empty my self-contained bathroom toilet. What is your interior lay-out on your gem? Nice photo!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know seriously on 1 set of those tail lights please. Thanks!

Dave,
"The Trillium King"
Dave Baston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium