Fourth Of July in Tucson - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Red face

We are here to give a hand while her son is deciding to be born, but it seems he will be evicted Monday.

On the Fourth, Blue Jeans & I went for a drive over to the Saguaro Nat'l Park while our daughter & her hubby were with friends. As we were entering the park, a very long & very thin snake was crossing the road just before you get to the visitor center. It was moving fairly rapidly. The snake was mainly black from the head and all its body, but the tail was reddish. I remembered seeing a photo of a snake which this one looked like last week when I was looking up snakes to see what I had cough in her house. After looking again, I found a picture which looks like what we saw. It is a Coachwhip Snake. A long (up to 1,728 mm or 68" in total length), thin snake with variable coloration and markings. Across much of its range in Arizona it is a red, pinkish red, orange, rusty brown, or olive-brown snake with dark brown or black bands or suffusions on the neck and anterior portion of the body. Some specimens lack banding. Entirely black specimens are not uncommon in some parts of its range including south-central Arizona. A long (up to 1,728 mm or 68" in total length), thin snake with variable coloration and markings. Across much of its range in Arizona it is a red, pinkish red, orange, rusty brown, or olive-brown snake with dark brown or black bands or suffusions on the neck and anterior portion of the body. Some specimens lack banding. Entirely black specimens are not uncommon in some parts of its range including south-central Arizona. It is an impressive predator that eats a wide variety of animals including lizards, snakes (including rattlesnakes), mice, birds, insects, bats, frogs, toads, and small turtles.
http://www.reptilesofaz.org/Snakes-Subpage...-flagellum.html

After leaving the park on the way back, we saw a very skinny, female coyote crossing the road.
Female? Because, she stopped to urinate on the road before strolling off.

Does anyone know what the rock formation is called in the second photo in the photos below?
I have named it Castle Rocks, just wandering if they have a name.
Photo taken from Houghton Road at Victburgh St. on east side of Tucson.
Attached Thumbnails
Saguaro_Nat__l_ParkXSM.jpg   CastleRock_from_Vicksburg_St.XSM.jpg  

SNP_one_XSM.jpg   Coachwhip_Snake.jpg  

2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote