Frank & Gail's ParkLiner - Page 13 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #169

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Got a few new things to make life on the road (and in campgrounds) easier. Got a cable hook up to install (still figuring that out), but in no rush. Got a great wastewater hose with all the "stuff" I need to hook into about anything. Life is good. Gotta go out and drill some holes for the TV mount. Pics sometime...

I'm also working on assemblies to keep my upper cabinet doors open, thanks to great help and advice from Tammie and Joel. (Thanks guys!) This is my solution for attachment to the door - channel aluminum, stainless screw to screw to plywood door, and stainless machine screws with nyloks to hold spring end. More later!

Frank

2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:44 PM   #170

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Cable hookup; ours is real simple, run cable from a connector under cabinet out through the electric cord access compartment. When traveling coil up cable, secure with a twisty, stuff it in compartment and close door. At campground, either hook to their cable post or hook to fold out antenna on our rear bumper. Not fancy but it works. TV travels in it's box, sets on counter when in use, short cable to connector, power cord to outlet under cabinet.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #171

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Cable hookup; ours is real simple, run cable from a connector under cabinet out through the electric cord access compartment. When traveling coil up cable, secure with a twisty, stuff it in compartment and close door. At campground, either hook to their cable post or hook to fold out antenna on our rear bumper. Not fancy but it works. TV travels in it's box, sets on counter when in use, short cable to connector, power cord to outlet under cabinet.
LOL! Mine will NOT be simple! TV will stay in place, but fold under a cabinet out of the way. I already locked my electric cord access and mounted a 30 amp RV inlet (like on a boat) on the door. So I don't have ready holes to run cable through. My immediate thought is to mount my external cable plug just to the left of my external electric plug. I'm probably also gonna run a new standard dual receptacle plug over by the TV, maybe in the ceiling, that the TV can plug into out of the way. Pics at some point, trust me!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #172

New York
TV and cable mounted/installed

Took some time, but came out good.

2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 06-06-2014, 07:56 AM   #173

New York
Hooked up a rear view camera to the F150, should make things easier!

2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 06-06-2014, 08:24 AM   #174

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Yeah I had that suggestion made to me I'm thinking about it since I'm always doing it by myself and not always in ideal flat ground. Good Job!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:29 AM   #175

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Yeah I had that suggestion made to me I'm thinking about it since I'm always doing it by myself and not always in ideal flat ground. Good Job!
For 50 bucks from Amazon, it took me maybe an hour and a half to install it Deryk. This is the one I got: Amazon.com : Pyle PLCM36 3.5-Inch Slim TFT LCD Universal Mount Monitor with License Plate Mount Rear-view Night Vision Backup Camera : Vehicle Backup Cameras : Car Electronics
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 06-08-2014, 11:11 AM   #176

New York
Road test

Seeing I'm still having problems with the Escape 7 pin set up (and of course it's gone this weekend with Gail to a sibling thing), I needed to make sure everything worked behind the F150. A few weeks ago I just pulled the hubs, cleaned all the bearings and grease from the axle, installed new seals, re-packed the bearings & filled the axle stubs with good grease, then adjusted the axle nuts with tang washers I had never used before. So today I traveled about 45 miles, interstate, 2 lane road, stop & go stuff and never had either hub cap over 100. With this new laser point temp gun I have, I see the actual hubs get hotter (makes sense), but both hubs were 115 when I got home. Most difference I had between right & left was 6 degrees.

I think we're good to go next weekend to Allegany State Park (NY) for a couple nights! Me being the worrier though, we'll keep checking those hubs!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 06-08-2014, 12:48 PM   #177

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
One suggestion i would make is to take the television off the mount and store it wrapped in a blanket with a pillow over it on the bed when travelling. The bouncing around in the trailer on the road is alot, and the TV could break the mount, or cause the mount to break away entirely. Much easier to reinstall when you park, than the mess and expense. My mount has a clip that the TV slides into. One handed to release.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:48 PM   #178

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallo View Post
One suggestion i would make is to take the television off the mount and store it wrapped in a blanket with a pillow over it on the bed when travelling. The bouncing around in the trailer on the road is alot, and the TV could break the mount, or cause the mount to break away entirely. Much easier to reinstall when you park, than the mess and expense. My mount has a clip that the TV slides into. One handed to release.
Thanks Wallo, but the mount is not gonna break. The TV is very light, maybe 7 or 8 #s. The mount it is attached to is through-bolted to a large piece of 1/2" plywood in the compartment above. Also, the TV is not easy to remove like yours. Maybe we'll need to do something else, but for now it is staying like it is. I do appreciate your concern though, so thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 06-08-2014, 08:35 PM   #179

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
what about bungy cording a pillow with 2 bungy cords in an "X" shape to hold it closed and tight so it cant really move around.... just need to screw in 4 small eye bolts.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #180

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
what about bungy cording a pillow with 2 bungy cords in an "X" shape to hold it closed and tight so it cant really move around.... just need to screw in 4 small eye bolts.
Good idea Deryk. Probably this weekend it will just have all our blankets and pillows stuffed under it, but some sorta strap is imminent! I like the bungee cord idea though. Hmmm...

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 06-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #181

New York
New extended counter!

Picked this up last Sunday at Camper's World in Kingston NY, along with a bunch of other stuff. It's tight, but will be a big help when working in the kitchen, and even at night as a bed stand (maybe).

Gonna have to be up to make the bed!

2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 06-30-2014, 07:24 AM   #182

New York
Now, something indirectly related - load leveler shocks for the F150.

2012 ParkLiner #006

Tags
parkliner