Frank & Gail's ParkLiner - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #15

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
Congrats to you both, nice looking trailer. And that little mishap is not a big deal, easy fix.
Thanks Tim! Hey, what # do you & Rita have?

Thanks again, as you two were a lot of the reason we were sold on these babies!

Frank

Old 10-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #16

New York
I tried calling two RV places both about 10 miles away today to see if they had one of these compressor fitting for the fresh water fill. first one I was on hold more than 2 minutes, so hung up to call the other one to get a message they're helping other people. Hung up, went to Amazon, have one coming for $6.22, and a hot water tank rinser for less than 8 bucks. We pay to be Prime members because we live in the boonies and get so much stuff from them. UPS knows where we live, and all the guys are even friends with our dog!

Now if I could just figure out how to do (or buy) a bypass on the hot water heater. And as far as I can see, there is no drain for the fresh water tank. Pics later.

Frank

Old 10-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #17

Name: Monica
Trailer: Exploring fiberglass, 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 4.3L V6
Michigan
Frank, maybe I am not seeing the extent of the damage to the stainless steel cook top. If it is just the damage as shown in the photo, isn't it possible that a body shop or one of the those paintless "dent doctors" could push that out for you if you took it to their shop?
Old 10-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #18

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by drstock View Post
Frank, maybe I am not seeing the extent of the damage to the stainless steel cook top. If it is just the damage as shown in the photo, isn't it possible that a body shop or one of the those paintless "dent doctors" could push that out for you if you took it to their shop?
I know enough about metal work to know the metal has been stressed there and will not easily get back in shape. Maybe I'll give it a try, but the pic does not show from the side, and trust me, it is damaged badly. A dent dr. would probably cost more than the replacement top!

No response from ParkLiner since I emailed them yesterday morning.

Frank
Old 10-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #19

Name: Monica
Trailer: Exploring fiberglass, 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 4.3L V6
Michigan
Since I know almost nothing about metal work, you are likely correct. I'm always amazed by what the dent docs can do though--probably too easily impressed. I was thinking that the replacement top was really expensive, too.

I really like your trailer, by the way. I am heading back to North Carolina for the winter months, and Park Liner is less than one hour away from my NC house. I'm looking forward to a visit there soon.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #20

New York
Quote:
Since I know almost nothing about metal work, you are likely correct. I'm always amazed by what the dent docs can do though--probably too easily impressed. I was thinking that the replacement top was really expensive, too.

I really like your trailer, by the way. I am heading back to North Carolina for the winter months, and Park Liner is less than one hour away from my NC house. I'm looking forward to a visit there soon.
I still have not priced the cover. The microwave can't be used again, and they're 50 bucks. I'll check on the cover and post it when I can find one. I thought it would be simple, but apparently not. It would be great if ParkLiner would reply to my email too.

Frank
Old 10-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #21

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Scamp has Arrived - Layout 7
Minnesota
Deryk, have you considered a retractable door sweep. Might need to be shortened to fit the width of your screen door. They work quite well.

MD Products 07039 36-Inch Aluminum Automatic Seal Door Sweep: Hardware : Walmart.com

Dan
Old 10-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #22

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Thanks Dan something like that should work....just need to take a few measurements for height.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #23

New York
Quote:

I just ordered a new cover through Amazon for $40 and change including shipping.

Thanks, we really like our trailer too. Except for this mishap, everything else seems to be fine, but of course, we haven't camped in it yet, and won't until spring. The quality of construction seems exceptional, and the cabinetry is really nice. Best of luck to you!

Frank
Old 10-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #24

Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
NY
Frank, I really don't remember but I'm thinking around #15. By the way I order a lot of stuff from Amazon , great place to buy most everything.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #25

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
Frank, I really don't remember but I'm thinking around #15. By the way I order a lot of stuff from Amazon , great place to buy most everything.
Amazon sure is Tim, especially when ya live in the boonies like we do. Had 3 different orders from them today. They sure know what they're doing.

Frank
Old 10-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #26

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Registry
Water heater bypass

Here are some pix of the set up on PL34. The first shows the shutoff valve at the cold water inlet to the water heater.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cold H2O shutoff 2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	66011

The second shows the drain valve on the hot water side. This will drain most of the water out of the water heater, but not all. To get the rest, you have to pull the anode rod and use a 3/4" diameter piece of tubing duct taped to the hose on a wet/dry shop vac to suck out the rest plus any sediment.

Name:	hot H2O drain.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	66012

Finally I've included my basic pex tubing tool kit. Instead of using crimp rings, they make push on fittings but they are a bit pricey. I think ~$5 -6 for a single 90 degree elbow.

Name:	pex kit.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	66013

The procedures I follow are here:
ParkLiner winterization? in the Parkliner winterization thread.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #27

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
Here are some pix of the set up on PL34. The first shows the shutoff valve at the cold water inlet to the water heater.
Attachment 66011

The second shows the drain valve on the hot water side. This will drain most of the water out of the water heater, but not all. To get the rest, you have to pull the anode rod and use a 3/4" diameter piece of tubing duct taped to the hose on a wet/dry shop vac to suck out the rest plus any sediment.
Attachment 66012

Finally I've included my basic pex tubing tool kit. Instead of using crimp rings, they make push on fittings but they are a bit pricey. I think ~$5 -6 for a single 90 degree elbow.
Attachment 66013

The procedures I follow are here:
ParkLiner winterization? in the Parkliner winterization thread.
Excellent! Thanks Brian.

Tell me, maybe I'm missing something, but the pic with the drain valve seems like the valve is 1/2 way up the tank?

For all the PEX stuff I've done, I should buy a tool. I've probably spent more than the tool costs for push-on fittings.

Frank
Old 10-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #28

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Tell me, maybe I'm missing something, but the pic with the drain valve seems like the valve is 1/2 way up the tank?

Frank
I was wondering that myself. What I assume is happening (and remember the inlet bypass is not closed when you are doing this) is that by opening the kitchen faucet valves, you are creating a siphon action which pulls the water out the the water heater. The end result when I pull the anode rod is that there is less that a half gal of water in there.

Of course, I've been wrong before. It could be happening again!

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner