Frank & Gail's ParkLiner - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #61

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Driving down there without hearing from them first isnt something I would really want to consider... round trip over a thousand miles... They have till nov. 4th to respond to BBB. I might consider sending a registered letter.

I got a facebook message from cameron sent on oct 11th that I didnt see till the other day because we arent friends I didnt get it in the normal message area but I messaged him back on tuesday... I can tell he saw it but still havent heard back. I contacted a battery box manuf needing specific measurements because the middle of the box is wider then the top and bottom and it only listed the inside measurements...naturally they never got back to me either (this is getting old lol) If I found a battery box that fit into the area I would go that route because Im unsure of the increase in tongue weight...I can afford $75 but doing what Brian did to enlarge his wheel wells is out of my price range right now with the holidays coming up, and not hearing a "yes we will pay for it" from ParkLiner.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #62

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Glad I got this done. Now on to winterization (tomorrow).
Nice plumbing job Frank. That ought to do the job!

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #63

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
Nice plumbing job Frank. That ought to do the job!
Thanks Brian! You were the inspiration pal!

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #64

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Glad I got this done. Now on to winterization (tomorrow).

*Nice* plumbing work Frank!

Edit: Forget my previous question I see the answer. the main line is simple running over top of the bypass line - at first glance I thought it was also tied off to the tank! LOL
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #65

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
*Nice* plumbing work Frank!

Edit: Forget my previous question I see the answer. the main line is simple running over top of the bypass line - at first glance I thought it was also tied off to the tank! LOL
Yeah, you can just see the original "shiny" white Sharkbite line disappearing towards the front of the trailer. As I quickly found out, there is a number of steps necessary in doing this PEX stuff. Ya need to be able to spread the jaws on that big crimp tool before you tighten down on a clamp. This thing got built a few times!

Frank
Old 10-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #66

Name: Betty Lou
Trailer: Ready to purchase.
Delaware
Hi. I continue to read AND re read the posts concerning Parkliner modifications. Very impressive. It's like 'This old house' problem presented and solution offered. I must confess though that I am getting a little nervous reading all the changes, modifications, tweaks being done on PL. My sister and I have one ordered; we hope and pray that more of the kinks are being worked out in the building / production phase b/c I don't have a clue as to how you gentlemen reconfigured hoses, battery, plumbing. I am trying to take notes (actually keeping a notebook) on what I am reading. Still way above my skill level. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge with us 'sponges'....I am just trying to absorb it all....well at least a little. Thanks for educating me about what PEX means. Betty Lou and Bev ( 2 sisters with a toolbox)
BL Chiffons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #67

Delaware
Deryk, we really hope you hear back from PL sooner than later. The wheel well and tire rub problem would be high priority, I would think. So frustrating. Sorry for what you are going through.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #68

Delaware
Deryk, I know it would be road trip down to PL but as Raz put might be what it takes to get proper resolution. Now that I recall, when we were down at PL mid Sept to meet with Cameron there was a PL on the loading dock that was one of the earlier models. Cameron said it was in to get the updates done and a couple of options done. Hope you hear back from them soon. Take care, bl
Old 10-29-2013, 11:46 PM   #69

New Jersey
Registry
Thanks Betty Lou, I hope so too!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 10-31-2013, 02:57 PM   #70

New York
I'm a very happy dude tonight. Came home, and right after I changed, the USPS drops by with a package for me - a new stainless steel stove top and check from ParkLiner to replace the microwave.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
Old 10-31-2013, 03:11 PM   #71

New Jersey
Registry
Congrads! Here is a thought for ya...how about a convection oven instead? I've been thinking about it because honestly I rarely use mine at home...I think I've used it in my ParkLiner maybe 5 times in the 10 months I've owned it...and with a generator I've always got juice lol. Fresh muffins (for me read that as maybe a whole mini muffin lol)

Just an idea...the misses might like it lol

Old 10-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #72

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Congrads! Here is a thought for ya...how about a convection oven instead? I've been thinking about it because honestly I rarely use mine at home...I think I've used it in my ParkLiner maybe 5 times in the 10 months I've owned it...and with a generator I've always got juice lol. Fresh muffins (for me read that as maybe a whole mini muffin lol)

Just an idea...the misses might like it lol
That's an interesting idea Deryk, thanks! It's a very small space so lemme see what I can find.

Also, in the next week or so I'm working with Calmark RV Covers on a custom Sunbrella cover for 006. I'll keep y'all posted.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-31-2013, 03:31 PM   #73

Registry
You can get some pretty nice small sized convection ovens/toaster ovens that work very well. I have one and works great and takes up very little space on the counter when in use and its pretty light as well.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:32 PM   #74

New York
Quote:
You can get some pretty nice small sized convection ovens/toaster ovens that work very well. I have one and works great and takes up very little space on the counter when in use and its pretty light as well.
Yes Carol, so I see. Something like this would be a nice upgrade: Amazon.com: Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ: Kitchen & Dining

I have to go out and do some more measuring, but it's getting dark, is drizzly and cold! It can wait till Saturday when I have time during daylight. No big rush anyways, no camping till next May!

Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #75

Registry
Quote:
Yes Carol, so I see. Something like this would be a nice upgrade: Amazon.com: Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ: Kitchen & Dining

I have to go out and do some more measuring, but it's getting dark, is drizzly and cold! It can wait till Saturday when I have time during daylight. No big rush anyways, no camping till next May!

Thanks!

Frank
Cuisinart & Krups also make nice ones as well. Best to go and look at them all side by side to pick one that fits the size that works the best for you - also recommend trying to lift them up as they all vary greatly in weight. Also take a look at how/where they vent out to work with where you plan on putting it.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #76

New York
Quote:
Cuisinart & Krups also make nice ones as well. Best to go and look at them all side by side to pick one that fits the size that works the best for you - also recommend trying to lift them up as they all vary greatly in weight. Also take a look at how/where they vent out to work with where you plan on putting it.
Excellent points Carol, thanks again.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #77

Registry
Frank I just had a closer read of the oven you linked to but I can see where its says it has a convection function - perhaps I just missed it. I do know that Breville does make one with convection though. With the convection function they tend to cook a little faster.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:46 PM   #78

New York
Quote:
Frank I just had a closer read of the oven you linked to but I can see where its says it has a convection function - perhaps I just missed it. I do know that Breville does make one with convection though. With the convection function they tend to cook a little faster.
Like I say Carol, we are not in a big rush here, and are not gonna run out and get something like this weekend. I'll get some good measurements of the space and go from there. I've already thought about ways I could anchor that shelf better anyways.

Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-31-2013, 04:43 PM   #79

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Quote:
Also, in the next week or so I'm working with Calmark RV Covers on a custom Sunbrella cover for 006. I'll keep y'all posted.

Frank
Glad to hear that your stove top and check for microwave arrived. Whatever epiphany Chandler has experienced, I hope it continues. Great customer service is going to be the core of recovering the good will that ParkLiner has lost. I know I may draw flak on this, but I'm convinced Chandler can turn this around. ParkLiner is a perfect fit for some of us and I believe a great design.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for a cover. I've been all over Ebay and other sites and, so far, haven't found a good match. I want to put up one of those steel carport things but I fear it's a little late in the season now.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:52 PM   #80

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
Glad to hear that your stove top and check for microwave arrived. Whatever epiphany Chandler has experienced, I hope it continues. Great customer service is going to be the core of recovering the good will that ParkLiner has lost. I know I may draw flak on this, but I'm convinced Chandler can turn this around. ParkLiner is a perfect fit for some of us and I believe a great design.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for a cover. I've been all over Ebay and other sites and, so far, haven't found a good match. I want to put up one of those steel carport things but I fear it's a little late in the season now.
These folks I'm working with out in CA have experience with eggs Brian, just not ParkLiner. Yet. Soon as I get one (if it all works out), they should be able to put them out with not much change at all. Saturday is supposed to be nice in the a.m., so we have a lot of measuring to do. It will probably be a 6 week process getting one of these covers. They're warranted 6 years.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006

Tags
parkliner