Frank & Gail's ParkLiner - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #71

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Congrads! Here is a thought for ya...how about a convection oven instead? I've been thinking about it because honestly I rarely use mine at home...I think I've used it in my ParkLiner maybe 5 times in the 10 months I've owned it...and with a generator I've always got juice lol. Fresh muffins (for me read that as maybe a whole mini muffin lol)

Just an idea...the misses might like it lol

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:24 PM   #72

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Congrads! Here is a thought for ya...how about a convection oven instead? I've been thinking about it because honestly I rarely use mine at home...I think I've used it in my ParkLiner maybe 5 times in the 10 months I've owned it...and with a generator I've always got juice lol. Fresh muffins (for me read that as maybe a whole mini muffin lol)

Just an idea...the misses might like it lol
That's an interesting idea Deryk, thanks! It's a very small space so lemme see what I can find.

Also, in the next week or so I'm working with Calmark RV Covers on a custom Sunbrella cover for 006. I'll keep y'all posted.

Frank

2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #73

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
You can get some pretty nice small sized convection ovens/toaster ovens that work very well. I have one and works great and takes up very little space on the counter when in use and its pretty light as well.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:32 PM   #74

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
You can get some pretty nice small sized convection ovens/toaster ovens that work very well. I have one and works great and takes up very little space on the counter when in use and its pretty light as well.
Yes Carol, so I see. Something like this would be a nice upgrade: Amazon.com: Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ: Kitchen & Dining

I have to go out and do some more measuring, but it's getting dark, is drizzly and cold! It can wait till Saturday when I have time during daylight. No big rush anyways, no camping till next May!

Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-31-2013, 04:36 PM   #75

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Yes Carol, so I see. Something like this would be a nice upgrade: Amazon.com: Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ: Kitchen & Dining

I have to go out and do some more measuring, but it's getting dark, is drizzly and cold! It can wait till Saturday when I have time during daylight. No big rush anyways, no camping till next May!

Thanks!

Frank
Cuisinart & Krups also make nice ones as well. Best to go and look at them all side by side to pick one that fits the size that works the best for you - also recommend trying to lift them up as they all vary greatly in weight. Also take a look at how/where they vent out to work with where you plan on putting it.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #76

New York
Quote:
Cuisinart & Krups also make nice ones as well. Best to go and look at them all side by side to pick one that fits the size that works the best for you - also recommend trying to lift them up as they all vary greatly in weight. Also take a look at how/where they vent out to work with where you plan on putting it.
Excellent points Carol, thanks again.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-31-2013, 04:42 PM   #77

British Columbia
Registry
Frank I just had a closer read of the oven you linked to but I can see where its says it has a convection function - perhaps I just missed it. I do know that Breville does make one with convection though. With the convection function they tend to cook a little faster.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:46 PM   #78

New York
Quote:
Frank I just had a closer read of the oven you linked to but I can see where its says it has a convection function - perhaps I just missed it. I do know that Breville does make one with convection though. With the convection function they tend to cook a little faster.
Like I say Carol, we are not in a big rush here, and are not gonna run out and get something like this weekend. I'll get some good measurements of the space and go from there. I've already thought about ways I could anchor that shelf better anyways.

Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #79

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Registry
Quote:
Also, in the next week or so I'm working with Calmark RV Covers on a custom Sunbrella cover for 006. I'll keep y'all posted.

Frank
Glad to hear that your stove top and check for microwave arrived. Whatever epiphany Chandler has experienced, I hope it continues. Great customer service is going to be the core of recovering the good will that ParkLiner has lost. I know I may draw flak on this, but I'm convinced Chandler can turn this around. ParkLiner is a perfect fit for some of us and I believe a great design.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for a cover. I've been all over Ebay and other sites and, so far, haven't found a good match. I want to put up one of those steel carport things but I fear it's a little late in the season now.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #80

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
Glad to hear that your stove top and check for microwave arrived. Whatever epiphany Chandler has experienced, I hope it continues. Great customer service is going to be the core of recovering the good will that ParkLiner has lost. I know I may draw flak on this, but I'm convinced Chandler can turn this around. ParkLiner is a perfect fit for some of us and I believe a great design.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for a cover. I've been all over Ebay and other sites and, so far, haven't found a good match. I want to put up one of those steel carport things but I fear it's a little late in the season now.
These folks I'm working with out in CA have experience with eggs Brian, just not ParkLiner. Yet. Soon as I get one (if it all works out), they should be able to put them out with not much change at all. Saturday is supposed to be nice in the a.m., so we have a lot of measuring to do. It will probably be a 6 week process getting one of these covers. They're warranted 6 years.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #81

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I thought that a cover would rub on the gelcoat?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:00 PM   #82

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
I thought that a cover would rub on the gelcoat?
And hold moisture in??
Old 10-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #83

New York
These folks have been making covers for Scamps and Casitas for many moons. We'll take out chances. Check 'em out here: RV Covers 6 YEAR warranty, rv cover, trailer cover, 5th wheel cover, toy hauler covers. CalMark RV Cover Co - Sunbrella RV Cover
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-31-2013, 06:19 PM   #84

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Registry
Quote:
These folks have been making covers for Scamps and Casitas for many moons. We'll take out chances. Check 'em out here: RV Covers 6 YEAR warranty, rv cover, trailer cover, 5th wheel cover, toy hauler covers. CalMark RV Cover Co - Sunbrella RV Cover
Our experience with the PahaQue cover we had for our old teardrop was that there was no rubbing as the cover was fabricated for that particular model and size so it didn't flap in the wind and did a great job of shedding snow, leaves, etc. We experienced no moisture problems. I don't know if the fabric was Sunbrella but it seemed to dry almost instantly. Looking at CalMark's website, this sounds promising. See if they'll give you a group rate???

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner