As a practice, I never forward any those type of things. Several reasons;
1. They're almost always false.
2. They're aimed at alarming people needlessly.
3. I don't like lies, and won't spread them.
4. There's too many people that do get alarmed and upset by them.
5. Sometimes there can be damaging instructions contained in them.
6. If there was something to be concerned about I would find out about it by some other means, news media, anti-virus companies, etc.
The issue that started this thread I heard about more years ago than I care to mention. It started when touch tone dialing first came out. I was working in the telephone industry at the time. Since then there have been many changes that make it unlikely that 9-0 trick would work anyplace, even on a very old Private Branch Exchange (PBX).
All in all the best place for any of type of thing is in the bit bucket, oops, showing my age again. In the "Recycle Bin". (Wonder what's being recycled, 1s or 0s?