Fred, the cat. - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-04-2015, 03:51 PM   #1

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2007 Toyota Tundra/2015 Tundra
Montana
Registry
Fred, the cat.

Fred, the kitty who came in from the cold to live with us (As my husband says "And an older couple took me in. Ha, ha, dear." ) had her operations this week. One obviously on her feet. We inadvertently planned for a weekend in Helena, an 8 hour drive from Sidney. Due to administration of meds and wrapped feet we took her along. She was very good on the trip and in the motel though she didn't like her "Go, Go Boots to well. So we are hoping to have this calm demure when we take her camping on long stints as our plans are to see Montana while we are here.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0108.jpg  

Old 04-04-2015, 08:51 PM   #2

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
Pretty kitty... Carl

Old 04-04-2015, 09:48 PM   #3

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Hope she continues to improve,she is so pretty and looks so happy. I think she will make a great camping cat.

Happy Camping
Old 04-04-2015, 10:05 PM   #4

Name: Fred
Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Kootenay's of BC
Registry
Well when she is healed up let me know, I'll send Freddie
down to chase her around to get her back in shape,,,lol
Fred
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_00000320 - Copy.jpg  
Old 04-05-2015, 07:51 PM   #5

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2007 Toyota Tundra/2015 Tundra
Montana
Registry
Fred proved to be a real traveler on the way back to Sidney. No cat carrier, we are on the counsel of the truck. We our happy. I took the bandages off her feet, no great feat. So she is nursing the paws.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:59 PM   #6

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
what was wrong with her feet, frostbite?
Old 04-05-2015, 09:42 PM   #7

Name: jack
Trailer: Bigfoot
Virginia
Fred is a cutie.

I just finished partitioning off about a third of my front passthrough in the Bigfoot into a 'cat cave' so my camping buddy can have her litter box ( and its odor) away from the 'salon'. She accesses the cave through a swinging cat door in an otherwise unneeded shallow floor-level cupboard. I just deal with the litter box by opening the curbside passthrough door.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:08 AM   #8

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
very clever...
Old 04-06-2015, 09:05 AM   #9

Name: Mo
Trailer: Still looking
Texas
Fred looks like the cutest, sweetest kitty ever. Happy travels!
Old 04-07-2015, 04:50 PM   #10

Name: Bruce
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft RQ
Missouri
Fred has a sister in Missouri. See following photos.

Once again my farm serves as a dumping ground for unwanted pets. This one arrived about three weeks ago. Very, very hungry and acclimated to humans. She is aggressive toward my other two cats (who are rescues from previous years) especially at feeding time. She is very friendly to me and tries to dart in the door when I open it. Other than that she is a pretty good cat.

I am no cat expert but from the looks of her teeth I would say she is right at one year old. She has a beautiful coat the color of sage grass this time of year, therefore her name Sage. Actually her full name is "Sage Rat Breakfast Cat" because she is SO ready for breakfast every morning.

She is female and I doubt she has been fixed. Being the age she is she will probably present with kittens by summer. If I take her to my vet I know what will happen. Well over $100 for spaying and shots, or be ask if I want to pay for an even more expensive kitty abortion. There will be no kitty abortion so there may be lots more cats around here.

I figure her value to be at least $1000 but for my very special friends on FGRV I will give her to you FREE. Just let me know and we will work out logistics.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0714.JPG   PART_1428440384072_IMG_20150327_141433518.jpg  

Old 04-07-2015, 06:05 PM   #11

Name: Mo
Trailer: Still looking
Texas
Based on my expert evaluation, Sage wants to be someone's one and only inside/outside kitty with lots of lap time.
Is there a spay/neuter clinic nearby that offers discounts, ASPCA, animal shelter or someone who would be willing to address the kitten issue in a timely fashion? Might be worth checking out. Or did you mean that you don't want to do that? Anyway, my grandmother lived in the country a few miles outside a small town and hers was a known place to dump unwanted cats and dogs, usually preggers. I'm certain she had a deal with the local vet for very discounted spay/neuter/vaccination services.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:44 PM   #12

Name: Evelyn
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot B17-DLX
Oregon Coast
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidewater View Post
Fred is a cutie.

I just finished partitioning off about a third of my front passthrough in the Bigfoot into a 'cat cave' so my camping buddy can have her litter box ( and its odor) away from the 'salon'. She accesses the cave through a swinging cat door in an otherwise unneeded shallow floor-level cupboard. I just deal with the litter box by opening the curbside passthrough door.
Brilliant! Soooo, can you post pictures of the setup?

I have a 17-ft. Bigfoot that I live in full-time. I keep my 2 kitties' litter box tucked under the dining table against the front wall. It's for emergency use only, since I live in a forested park where they can use the "outdoor facilities" most of the time.

I had to chuckle at your comment, "otherwise unneeded...cupboard." In my 17-footer, I have no clue what that means!
Old 04-07-2015, 10:49 PM   #13

Name: Evelyn
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot B17-DLX
Oregon Coast
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi B. View Post
Fred, the kitty who came in from the cold to live with us (As my husband says "And an older couple took me in. Ha, ha, dear." ) had her operations this week. One obviously on her feet. We inadvertently planned for a weekend in Helena, an 8 hour drive from Sidney. Due to administration of meds and wrapped feet we took her along. She was very good on the trip and in the motel though she didn't like her "Go, Go Boots to well. So we are hoping to have this calm demure when we take her camping on long stints as our plans are to see Montana while we are here.
You do realize you've scored major Get-Into-Heaven points! Bless your heart for taking her in. I'm down to only 2 kitties now, but I've been the proud guardian of approx. 30 or 40 rescues over the years. Never regretted a single moment.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:44 PM   #14

Name: jack
Trailer: Bigfoot
Virginia
Ev, I started a new thread (cat cave) rather than hijack this one further.

jack