Fresh water tank - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2015, 08:34 PM   #1

Name: George
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner
North Carolina
Fresh water tank

Hi,
I have just purchased Rhonda's PL. [previoslly Gretchen's]. We drove from Durham, NC to Clarksville Tn. Heading back to NC tomorrow.
My Q relates to the 15 gal fresh water tank. Normally most owners hook up to the "city" camping site supply. Got that.
However,when I disconnect from the water supply, I can't get the water pump to supply water. My thought was that perhaps the 15gal tank has no water so the pump won't pump. But, I tried to fill the water tank at this camp, assuming that if there was water in the tank, the pump would actuate.
But no. With in a few minutes of trying to fill from the FRESH water connection, water started coming out from a small "weep" hose below the quarter panel closest to the connections.
My thoughts are that perhaps there is a separate valve that re-directs the campsite "city water" intake to the "fresh water" side, allowing the tank to fill and the water pump to pump when not hooked up to power.
Guidance?
George
I wish there was a PDF owners manual available from Parkliner
GeorgeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:55 PM   #2

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
I am assuming you have your water pump turned on. Are you getting a droning noise? IF so, it is trying to clear the air out, may take some minutes.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:57 PM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
I believe most systems (including mine) have a separate fill for the tank water than the city water connection. Some systems could have plumping from the city water to a fixture and also from a pump/tank to the same fixture using a one way check valve. Most modern pumps have a pressure cut off switch that shuts the pump off when it reaches a certain psi with no water flowing. Also most tanks have a drain, locate it and make sure it is closed. Also check that a previous owner has not disconnected any lines going from the tank...
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:59 PM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Yes, as Cathi said, depending on how much air is in the line or the length of the line from the pump to tank, it may take a minute for the pump to prime the air out before water starts to flow. Also any loose fittings that could introduce air into the line could delay or even prevent priming.
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:14 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
If the trailer was winterized - they may have put a cut off valve between the tank and the pump.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:22 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
If your pump works like mine, it operates just like a gas pump and shuts off the flow as soon as it detects back pressure.
If there is debris in the faucet aerator, it can cause that back pressure and shut down water flow.
Try removing the aerator and clearing it of debris.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:54 AM   #7

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
To get water in the fresh water tank you must fill by hand or hose at the fill fixture on the outside of camper. That is how my Scamp works. Unless i don`t get the question. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:16 AM   #8

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
There is a filter/screen on the onboard 12V pump. This spring I could get water to the fixtures if I hooked up to city water but not from the onboard tank. I pulled the screen on the pump and it was plugged . Cleaned the screen and everything was fine . We use a Camco water filter to filter the incoming water but our pump screen and kitchen faucet areator were still plugged up!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:44 AM   #9

Name: George
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner
North Carolina
Well, we figured it out. It was very complicated. After being on my knees looking for the pump switch, my astute wife saw a switch on the wall next to the sink labeled "pump switch". Guess what...it was!
Go ahead and laugh. We did.
Thanks everyone.
GeorgeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 02:55 PM   #10

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
OK George, I did chuckle, only because we ALL have done something like that too
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:32 AM   #11

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
And here I was just about to chime in with specifics. Glad you figured it out, and got a chuckle out of it as a bonus!

Enjoy that Parkliner!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:07 AM   #12

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Dang! I hate it when people solve their problem before I get my chance to theorize, pontificate and babble on about irrelevant conjectures like I have a tendency to do. That's half the fun of participating in a forum like this! I'm guess I'm going to have to check posts more frequently so this doesn't happen to me again...
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner