From none to two? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #61

Name: Cricket
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Minnesota
Did someone here say that was good spring price on a 1998....i thought they had. Maybe it was a different post i was reading....
Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #62

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2008 13' Scamp
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
. I think one of the reasons he held it was he had a hard time believing someone from Canada would jump in their car on a moments notice to go & get it. Got lucky that he stuck to his word & trailer was even better than I had hoped but was well aware it could have gone the other way fast & my hunch about him could be all wrong.
That's pretty much what happened to us. Saw the front bath listed in Portland C/L. Phoned, said we'd come down in two days and buy it for sure. They held it. We bought it. A 300 mile drive on blind faith and a good gut feeling. So there are decent people out using C/L but sadly I don't think they're the majority.

As for gut feeling and the older Scamp ad and the "list" etc. Not a good gut feeling.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #63

Name: Cricket
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Minnesota
As predicted by many, once I found one I found two. We are headed out to SD to look at a Scamp tomorrow (and if it is near as nice as they say, we will tow it home).....this afternoon I found a 1972 Boler (he says Boler Canadian....I will double check in the morning when I look at it) 20 minutes from my house....he said the inside had been renovated (he designs kitchens for a living and his wife did the cushions)....I haven't seen it yet, and he says the headliner needs to be replaced. A boler is what I started out wanting, but most that I came across were in sorry shape....might go from eggless to two in one day!
Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #64

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Oh goody, a clutch.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote