Front Window Trailers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2007, 09:04 PM   #1

Trailer: Airstream 16 ft OB
Hi! Newbie here with a few questions about selecting a trailer.
What trailers currently in production in the 13 - 17 foot range have front windows? So far I've only noticed the Scamp to have this feature. Also, does anyone know if the Burro is still made?
Incidently, terrific site!
Steve R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:15 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Welcome to this forum

Burro site is up, manufacturer is gone.

The majority of Fiberglass RVs i have seen have a front window.If you go to the Albums, you will see a large selection on FG RVs.
http://album.fiberglassrv.com/gallery2/main.php
Old 09-02-2007, 10:22 PM   #3

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
As Ches mentioned, Burro is long out of business, yet their website lingers on...

Most Casitas lack a front window, as the bathroom is up front. The Scamps with upfront baths seem to have a tiny window up there.

There are variations on all models, but most DO have an upfront window.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:31 PM   #4

So how many manufacturers still exist that produce front window designs? Here's a list of those that I know about.

Escape
Scamp
Bigfoot (too large)

BTW, whatever happened to Burro? They were apparently made near where I live in San Diego.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:15 PM   #5

Registry
Bad business practices and lack of funds pretty much shut them down. Their final year or two produced some iffy quality units for fit and finish.

The Escondido factory now houses a landscaping business.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:08 AM   #6

Gina D. - Noticed that you use a Liberty to tow your Burro 17 ft. Do you use trailer brakes? I'm surprised something that small (Liberty) could tow a 17 ft. trailer. Any issues with the arrangement?
Old 09-04-2007, 12:14 PM   #7

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Trilliums without front baths also usually have front windows. As shown in the trailer brands list in the Helpful-Links section, there are currently two companies selling Trillium-design trailers.

Although the Albums show many trailers without front windows, they are really the exceptions. The common designs all, as Chester and Gina suggested, have front windows unless they have a front bathroom.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:17 PM   #8

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
...Noticed that you use a Liberty to tow your Burro 17 ft. Do you use trailer brakes?
I'm not answering for Gina or her specific rig, but in general 17' trailers need trailer brakes. They are too heavy to go without in many states and provinces, and are very often towed with vehicles which need any trailer this heavy to have brakes, regardless of regulations.

I have a 17' Boler, very similar in size and weight to the widebody 17' Burro, and I would not consider going without the brakes.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #9

Registry
Zeb, yes, I have trailer brakes. Wouldn't be without them, no matter what I am towing or towing with.

Astonishingly enough, the Libby, as equipped, has a 5k tow rating. It's a 3.7l V6 auto. A lot in a little package. I find it a very good rig for this.

I have a WDH and sway control as well.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:58 PM   #10

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
And I have a close friend who tows a 19' tandem axle '93 Bigfoot with a diesel Liberty. He uses a prodigy controller and Equal-i-zer hitch setup with his. He tells me the trailer makes the Liberty a lot more stable!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:17 PM   #11

Name: Rachel in RI
Trailer: Playpac
My Casita has a front window because it doesn't have the bathroom. You can order them that way. (Mine is a 2004)
Rachel Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote