Thanks for your advice folks. I think I will postpone my trip North til the temps get above freezing anyway. And P. Raz I will take your advice and try real hard to keep between the ditches. Its a long trip anyway, no need to delay waiting on a tow truck. Pics to follow if I survive.
BTW Gene, my Scamp
salesman says they never have sales these days. But that's what I would say to any hot prospect. He did tell me he would sell me a 2014 for the 2013 price, claimed I would save 3 or 4 hundred dollars. It was a good buying experience altogether and I felt fairly treated. I bargained much harder and successfully for my Subaru.
Best 2014 to all. John