Ft. Wilderness Rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #1

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Ft. Wilderness Rally

Hello! I see on the T@b Forum they are doing a rally in Oct at Disney's Ft. Wilderness. It's during Epcot's Wine and Food Tasting event. If they get 10 trailers the price is $52 a night. Just wondering if there has ever been an Egg Rally at Ft. Wilderness? Sounds like it could be fun with this group.

Melissa
Old 02-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #2

Name: Sandy
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Florida
This sounds excellent. I love Ft Wilderness. I've stayed at the lodge, but camping would be soooo much fun!
Newfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #3

Name: laura
Trailer: In the Market
Florida
Ft Wilderness

If I can find a f/g camper you can count us in!
Laura
lauratoolavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We have actually vacationed at Disney World about 10 times and always stayed in the campground. To me, Disney World is the destination and probably a rally there would be lost with everyone trying to see Disney World since that is pretty much all consuming. I guess for me, I would prefer something less active where socializing and seeing everyone's little eggs would be the main attraction. We were last at Fort Wilderness twice in 2000 and it had went down hill since we had first visited in 1990 as had Disney World. Ah, I miss the old days.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #5

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
hi...smack me for saying this but i am not a fan of disney. i don't care for the hype. but---if you can organize a rally somewhere in florida at another location, we're seriously interested.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #6

Name: laura
Trailer: In the Market
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
hi...smack me for saying this but i am not a fan of disney. i don't care for the hype. but---if you can organize a rally somewhere in florida at another location, we're seriously interested.
I think that was my excitement too! I would love to have something more north
lauratoolavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #7

LOL, that's funny, it never occured to me folks stay at Ft. Wilderness campground to go to Disney. We dont care for Disney either and in the 20 yrs we've lived an hour from it we've only been once back before we had kids. That was only b/c the inlaws paid. They are coming this summer to take the kids but we're not going. The one time we camped at FW was Christmas about 8 yrs ago or so. E'thing was decorated in the park and absolultely beautiful! We did the Chip n Dale Sing along, the petting farm, firworks etc. Never left FW. I agree, a Rally someplace where the main theme is camping/socializing would be better as the thought never crossed my mind folks might be at the parks all day and be too exausted to hangout by a fire by the time they got back to their trailers.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #8

Name: Sandy
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Florida
Aw geeze..gotta find your inner child! Ok ok Disney isn't for everyone. I love it, but avoid it like the plague during the busy seasons.

I agree if I'm going to take a trip to meet up with fellow egg campers, Disney might be too big a distraction. (but I'd still go if in the off season).

Still I hope we do something in FL before it gets too hot. We bought our trailer just AFTER the Sebring Scamp Camp....doh!
Newfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #9

Maybe if we could go when it wasnt hot or crowded but that is when e'body else is there too b/c they are also out of school. Spring Break, Christmas, T'giving etc would be better temps but you have the crowds who are also out of school. Dont think I could get the school to excuse an absence for Disney during the week, lol.

Tags
rally