View Poll Results: If the Park has Facilities and sewer hookup
All the time 27 30.34%
Part of the time 31 34.83%
Send husband to the Public Shower 2 2.25%
Never use the trailer shower 29 32.58%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2007, 06:44 PM   #15
Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
It's convenience. I've hung my... well... um... you know... over many, many places in the world... as I get older, I find I enjoy the warmth and comfort of having our facilities close to the bedroom, and clean, dry, and warm. I'm not germ-phobic, and I don't care what the condition of the bath houses is particularly, I just enjoy not having to go there.

Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:59 PM   #16
Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Well, this is very eye-opening and very entertaining since we haven't any experience with a bathroom in our trailer. Seems in the early go that the trailer toilet is more popular and gets more use than the trailer shower, but not necessarily all the time.

So far, there is one poor husband that is being sent to the public facilities. Maybe we should try and figure out who that is in another post...

Byron's into the nite trips to the head.

Per has shower faucets down by the floor which has me a bit puzzled. I agree Per, I'd move those up somehow....

We know that Gina puts coffee on before she showers and Lainey is having religious experiences with a flush toilet.

Thanks for all the responses, good info.

Scamp Owners International
2005 Escape 17-B
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:41 PM   #17
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson

I appreciate having a very short walk to the bathroom from my bed.

The rest of the campground's occupants appreciate the fact that I will no longer hog the facilities.
Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:03 PM   #18
Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
Lainey is having religious experiences with a flush toilet.
Retired Underground Coal Miner.
Served in Canadian Army (1PPCLI)
Chester Taje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:24 PM   #19
Trailer: 2008 17 ft Escape B
The porta potti in our Boler is now "built in" and gets used every night!!! During the day the outhouse or bathroom is fine..

We shower mainly in the campground shower areas, but if we are camping and there are none---the sink with hot water, and a towel on the floor work great. It's times like that when I am glad I have short hair and I can just dunk my head in the sink....
Doug & Anna-Marie P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:47 PM   #20
Name: Sharen Heath
Trailer: Our current Cramper is a 2005 PLEASURE-WAY
Longtime tenters until the past ten years or so, last year we were cramping at a public lakeside park in WA state, in the mountains near Leavenworth. Somehow in driving into the park, just about empty in October, we missed a GREAT BIG RED SIGN. That night, in the middle of the night, I used our cramper loo, and a durn good thang! For it wasn't until we were leaving the park that we finally saw the big red sign:

I am forever grateful for that lil full bathroom in our 16ft Casita. We use public facilities for the most part, but when you gotta go in the middle of the night, oh mama, am I happy we have it.

- Sharen
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:16 PM   #21
Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Send a message via AIM to Robert Brummett Send a message via MSN to Robert Brummett Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Brummett
I love my full bathroom. If I am in a place with good facilities (like most COE campgrounds) I will use their shower. Otherwise, I use my own. I always use my own toilet facilities, no matter where I am. But most of the time I am camping where there are no facilities at all. One of my favorite uses of the Casita bathroom is when I am on the road. It is a great comfort to pull into a rest stop, or a fastfood place, and have clean, private facilities at your disposal. (I also usually get the food to go and eat in the trailer. The dog gets a plain burger that way and everyone's happy!)
Robert Brummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:29 PM   #22
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
One of the best uses for the bathroom is a storage facility for items the make Beagles go Gah Gah. Trash and their food bag.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #23
Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
We never do #2 in the bathroom , preferring to use the toilet facilities in the park campgrounds for that. Also, we only use the shower when there are no hot showers available where we're staying. However, since more and more National Forest campgrounds are putting in hot showers, we find ourselves using our Casita shower less and less.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:50 PM   #24
Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
The toilet/shower is a great convenience, especially at night, and especially as we age. I can stand up straight for a shower in ours, and I get my exercise bending down to adjust the faucets, which are next to the floor on ours, or so it seems (gotta do something about that).
Learn to use your toes, Per!

I've seen this even in large conventional travel trailers, and noticed that it appeared to be the result of searching for a place which backed on to a cabinet space which could readily accommodate the plumbing... it's not like even a stickie has walls with 2x4 studs to run plumbing between. One example had the backside of the faucet in the under-sink cabinet - easy to build that way, but necessarily low.

This is one of the several reasons why someone (like us) with a shower would still use the campground showers: the shower crammed into the egg is great when it's the only one available, but it's likely to be a "compromise" design.
1979 Boler B1700RGH, pulled by 2004 Toyota Sienna LE 2WD
Information is good. Lack of information is not so good, but misinformation is much worse. Check facts, and apply common sense liberally.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:00 PM   #25
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
I don't have far to go to get to my faucets.

It's different, but I don't find it difficult to use.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:26 AM   #26
Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
... and Lainey is having religious experiences with a flush toilet.
Kinda gives the saying "Holy cr#p" a whole new meaning doesn't it... Yay for onboard plumbing!
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:48 PM   #27
Trailer: Boler 17 ft
I prefer a tub... the Boler has a loo but no shower. So we bring along a very large Tupperware container and set it in the "hallway," heat water on stove top.

One time I scooped water from the lake for a bath, son had his first. He asked, "Mom what are all these little pink things?" I didn't have the heart to tell him I had just cooked two dozen tiny lake shrimp. "Bugs," I said, and he was good with that.
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:37 PM   #28
Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I spent almost 35 years backpacking..........bathing and everything else in the woods. Then I migrated to tent and car camping.............still depending on the great outdoors. Then gradually moved to tent camping in campgrounds and RV parks with "facilities". I really grew to hate the public facilities. Then I built a teardrop trailer..........which only improved the sleeping on the ground and cooking with bent knees stuff. But we did have a privacy tent for showering and the porta-pottie. Great improvement. But with the Casita, we have the entire shebang right at hand. No more dirty shower stalls. No more backed up toilets. No trying to find a clean place to lay our clothes or being afraid to lay down a tooth brush. I paid what I think was a ton of money for this beautiful little trailer. I'll be darned if I'm going to paddle down to the showers and give up the pleasure of using my own! (can you guess how I voted?)

Chris C is offline   Reply With Quote