Full Bathroom? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: If the Park has Facilities and sewer hookup
All the time 28 29.47%
Part of the time 32 33.68%
Send husband to the Public Shower 2 2.11%
Never use the trailer shower 33 34.74%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2007, 07:16 PM   #21

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Send a message via AIM to Robert Brummett Send a message via MSN to Robert Brummett Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Brummett
I love my full bathroom. If I am in a place with good facilities (like most COE campgrounds) I will use their shower. Otherwise, I use my own. I always use my own toilet facilities, no matter where I am. But most of the time I am camping where there are no facilities at all. One of my favorite uses of the Casita bathroom is when I am on the road. It is a great comfort to pull into a rest stop, or a fastfood place, and have clean, private facilities at your disposal. (I also usually get the food to go and eat in the trailer. The dog gets a plain burger that way and everyone's happy!)
Robert Brummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:29 PM   #22

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
One of the best uses for the bathroom is a storage facility for items the make Beagles go Gah Gah. Trash and their food bag.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #23

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
We never do #2 in the bathroom , preferring to use the toilet facilities in the park campgrounds for that. Also, we only use the shower when there are no hot showers available where we're staying. However, since more and more National Forest campgrounds are putting in hot showers, we find ourselves using our Casita shower less and less.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:50 PM   #24

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
The toilet/shower is a great convenience, especially at night, and especially as we age. I can stand up straight for a shower in ours, and I get my exercise bending down to adjust the faucets, which are next to the floor on ours, or so it seems (gotta do something about that).
Learn to use your toes, Per!

I've seen this even in large conventional travel trailers, and noticed that it appeared to be the result of searching for a place which backed on to a cabinet space which could readily accommodate the plumbing... it's not like even a stickie has walls with 2x4 studs to run plumbing between. One example had the backside of the faucet in the under-sink cabinet - easy to build that way, but necessarily low.

This is one of the several reasons why someone (like us) with a shower would still use the campground showers: the shower crammed into the egg is great when it's the only one available, but it's likely to be a "compromise" design.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:00 PM   #25

Registry
I don't have far to go to get to my faucets.

It's different, but I don't find it difficult to use.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:26 AM   #26

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
Quote:
... and Lainey is having religious experiences with a flush toilet.
Kinda gives the saying "Holy cr#p" a whole new meaning doesn't it... Yay for onboard plumbing!
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:48 PM   #27

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
I prefer a tub... the Boler has a loo but no shower. So we bring along a very large Tupperware container and set it in the "hallway," heat water on stove top.

One time I scooped water from the lake for a bath, son had his first. He asked, "Mom what are all these little pink things?" I didn't have the heart to tell him I had just cooked two dozen tiny lake shrimp. "Bugs," I said, and he was good with that.
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:37 PM   #28

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I spent almost 35 years backpacking..........bathing and everything else in the woods. Then I migrated to tent and car camping.............still depending on the great outdoors. Then gradually moved to tent camping in campgrounds and RV parks with "facilities". I really grew to hate the public facilities. Then I built a teardrop trailer..........which only improved the sleeping on the ground and cooking with bent knees stuff. But we did have a privacy tent for showering and the porta-pottie. Great improvement. But with the Casita, we have the entire shebang right at hand. No more dirty shower stalls. No more backed up toilets. No trying to find a clean place to lay our clothes or being afraid to lay down a tooth brush. I paid what I think was a ton of money for this beautiful little trailer. I'll be darned if I'm going to paddle down to the showers and give up the pleasure of using my own! (can you guess how I voted?)
Chris C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #29

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I totally perfer to use our Casita bath and shower, and would really have to grumble if I had to use the cold, damp, dark campground showers, but the Mr. is about 50/50 for using cg showers. I can think of six or seven very strong reasons for using our own bathroom, but many have already been mentioned, by Gina and others.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:31 PM   #30

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I didn't think I would want to use the Portapotti at all- but my second weekend camping I was a fair distance from the big portapotties and in a hurry, so I pulled it out and discovered it wasn't that bad. Wasn't bad to clean, either- it has some kind of enzyme stuff in it to break things down, and it is the flush-type. No odor that I noticed.

I'd still use the camp potty if I was near it and it was daylight, and I don't have a shower so there is no alternative there, so far.

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:23 AM   #31

Trailer: 1973 Compact II / 2001 Honda CRV SE automatic
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
My Compact II probably has the tiniest bathroom possible! Your impression my fellow Compact siblings with bathrooms, its kind of a glorified cupboard right? hehe BUT in the middle of the night, or in a pinch along the road somewhere, it's HEAVEN! I've done my years of tent camping and having to hike to the campground bathroom no matter what the time, or having to head out to a bush with a roll of TP when I've been boondocking, so the onboard bathroom is a WONDERFUL thing! I agree with a lot of you though, during the day the campground facilities are just fine, why fill up my tiny blackwater tank any faster than I have to? I LOVE going to the dumpstation too, when it's my TINY rig in line between these HUGE motorhomes and such! hehe
Sadly there's no shower, but with a sinkful of hot water, or a camping bag-shower, you can do quite a good enough job to get by. When I was shopping for a trailer that was one of my two MAJOR requirements: 1. a bathroom 2. A refrigerator My little Compact has both, and it fits in the garage next to my vehicle which equals no storage fees! YAY! hehe
Joseph Domingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:14 AM   #32

Registry
Yesterday, coming home in the herd of massive toy haulers and river rats, creeping at about 15 mph for 50 miles or more, I pulled to the side of the 10 freeway and used my facilities. I could wait no more, nature said NOW. The rest stops were impossible to get into due to the masses of portable garages taking upevery available parking spot.

There is something to be said for that ability LOL!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:27 AM   #33

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Yesterday, coming home in the herd of massive toy haulers and river rats, creeping at about 15 mph for 50 miles or more, I pulled to the side of the 10 freeway and used my facilities. I could wait no more, nature said NOW. The rest stops were impossible to get into due to the masses of portable garages taking upevery available parking spot.

There is something to be said for that ability LOL!

And some of us are smart to stay of the freeways during holiday rush times.

Heading for my room.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:33 PM   #34

Name: M
Trailer: Currently shopping
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman
So the trade off of the fuss, mess, additional weight, and additional space taken up by shower and toilet, even a porta-potty aren't worth it me. I wouldn't expect others to see things my way particularly since we live in such a fear driven society.
For me, Byron, it certainly isn't fear. With a wet bath, I have what to me is convenience and comfort, as well as ease of access (sometimes it's a rush to get to the toilet!). It is a great comfort to know I have everything near at hand that I need - one reason I choose the RV trailer life. I live alone with my dog, and this set-up gives me privacy to work when I need to, independence to boondoggle with the same convenience, and no need to worry that my sleep might be disturbed by a rush to get dressed, shoes on, flashlight found, TP in hand (sometimes necessary) for the trek to the toilet. Or shower! Much easier to shower. So I'm one of those who wouldn't choose to live in a trailer without at leas a wet bath (sufficient for me).
lewisma9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:27 PM   #35

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
My 2 cents worth-remember the years of backpacking with Florida Trail and almost 2 decades as an assistant scoutmaster:

I also enjoy looking at the sky as I trek to the latrine. -That is, if its not an EMERGENCY! I used to pack along an empty 2 liter bottle with the top cut off at the shoulder, for emergencies. You see, one time I crawled out of a tent on a MLK weekend backpacking trip with the troop and took 20 steps into the undergrowth to do what must be done, and then went back 20 feet the opposite way. No tents, no sight of the bonfire. Should I mention it always, always gets cold in FL for MLK weekend. Should I mention we later found out it 17*F about 60 miles south of us that night? And I was out there in silk longjohns and undershirt and no sox in my shoes. I think I spent about an hour casting back and forth, getting more and more panicked until I figured, I shou;d just calm down. Cassiopia rises in the east, we're backpacking up the west bank of the Kissimmee, so if I head for Cassiopea I should come to the river. The airbase had 4 miles of camping along the west bank of the Kissimmee, the Boy Scouts were in the most southern campground. I came out to the river at it's furthest north campsite. So I do appreciate the marine toilet for the night time use. But if it's NOT an emergency and the camping area is fairly open I'll head for the nearest privy or toilet.

Showering- We do it all the time in the Snoozy- if you are talking about our Backpacker's Showers. I have no intention of removing the tension rod with clothing hanging from it, replacing the shower curtain, and then wiping the walls and floors down so no mold grows. And there is NO WAY the hubby could limit himself to a 3 1/2 gallon shower. I make the Backpacking Showers that I've been using since 1984. But technology has rescued me from babywipes. Now I use the non woven Kleenex hand towels. Technically they're not PAPER towels, altho that's where most stores have them. I'll take 20, fold each ito quarters, stuff them in a ziplock, add a couple squirts baby oil, a couple squirts no rinse body wash and a little water. At the Casita rally this weekend it was too cold for either of us to even think!! about showering so I warmed dh's and mine backpackers showers in the microwave. If the weather had been warmer I would've used the campground facilities. If latrines and showers at Boy Scout Camps, Military Bases and KOAs hasn't given me the galloping crud once so far, I don't believe I'll fall victim at this age!!

So there is what I believe on the subject. Remember facts are optional
and changeable according to the positions of the sun, moon and Cassiapia
Old 01-17-2018, 06:46 PM   #36

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Too much difference in folks preferences to give a meaningful answer. If it's just a poll, here's my feedback. We love the full wet bath.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:50 PM   #37

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
People today answering posts from over ten years ago. Guess I should read through all of the old ones first but we use the campground when good enough which is almost all of the time, but occasionally use our own bath and shower.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:52 PM   #38

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathi View Post
People today answering posts from over ten years ago.
Proof that there's nothing new under the sun. [emoji23]
Old 01-17-2018, 08:40 PM   #39

Name: Karin & Don
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13Ft
Maine
I can't respond to this poll because you don't offer my response. When we bought the Scamp I didn't care one way or the other about the toilet but I did want my own shower. The toilet just kind of came with it. We have the front bath Scamp so even my 6'2" husband can shower comfortably. As it turns out we have never used the toilet. I don't get up at night and my husband says he prefers to use the campground (or Walmart or service center or whatever) bathroom. It seems that there is always a bathroom right there. I feel kind of creeped out by public showers and Don says he likes having the shower right there. So that's my two cents worth. Karin
Kardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:57 PM   #40

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Have a toilet and shower at home and have a toilet and shower in the trailer. Stove and fridge too. And, a bed.