Part of the time 31 34.83%
Send husband to the Public Shower 2 2.25%
Never use the trailer shower 29 32.58%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #29

Name: Linda and Dale and Dallas the cat
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
California
I totally perfer to use our Casita bath and shower, and would really have to grumble if I had to use the cold, damp, dark campground showers, but the Mr. is about 50/50 for using cg showers. I can think of six or seven very strong reasons for using our own bathroom, but many have already been mentioned, by Gina and others.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:31 PM   #30

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
I didn't think I would want to use the Portapotti at all- but my second weekend camping I was a fair distance from the big portapotties and in a hurry, so I pulled it out and discovered it wasn't that bad. Wasn't bad to clean, either- it has some kind of enzyme stuff in it to break things down, and it is the flush-type. No odor that I noticed.

I'd still use the camp potty if I was near it and it was daylight, and I don't have a shower so there is no alternative there, so far.

Bobbie

Old 11-17-2007, 09:23 AM   #31

Name: Joe
Trailer: Hunter Industries
California
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
My Compact II probably has the tiniest bathroom possible! Your impression my fellow Compact siblings with bathrooms, its kind of a glorified cupboard right? hehe BUT in the middle of the night, or in a pinch along the road somewhere, it's HEAVEN! I've done my years of tent camping and having to hike to the campground bathroom no matter what the time, or having to head out to a bush with a roll of TP when I've been boondocking, so the onboard bathroom is a WONDERFUL thing! I agree with a lot of you though, during the day the campground facilities are just fine, why fill up my tiny blackwater tank any faster than I have to? I LOVE going to the dumpstation too, when it's my TINY rig in line between these HUGE motorhomes and such! hehe
Sadly there's no shower, but with a sinkful of hot water, or a camping bag-shower, you can do quite a good enough job to get by. When I was shopping for a trailer that was one of my two MAJOR requirements: 1. a bathroom 2. A refrigerator My little Compact has both, and it fits in the garage next to my vehicle which equals no storage fees! YAY! hehe
Old 11-26-2007, 10:14 AM   #32

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Yesterday, coming home in the herd of massive toy haulers and river rats, creeping at about 15 mph for 50 miles or more, I pulled to the side of the 10 freeway and used my facilities. I could wait no more, nature said NOW. The rest stops were impossible to get into due to the masses of portable garages taking upevery available parking spot.

There is something to be said for that ability LOL!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:27 AM   #33

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Yesterday, coming home in the herd of massive toy haulers and river rats, creeping at about 15 mph for 50 miles or more, I pulled to the side of the 10 freeway and used my facilities. I could wait no more, nature said NOW. The rest stops were impossible to get into due to the masses of portable garages taking upevery available parking spot.

There is something to be said for that ability LOL!

And some of us are smart to stay of the freeways during holiday rush times.

Heading for my room.