Full-timing in an egg? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2007, 10:18 PM   #21

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Tirah
Hey Laurie,

I think we met you at the Lake San Antonio rally? I was there with my husband and two toddlers in the 13' (junky/needing-much-rennovation) Scamp (haha) at the campsite that was kind of far off the second loop. For some reason, I don't think I caught that you guys are from Santa Cruz? We're from San Jose so pretty close to you guys. Anyway, just wanted to say "hi," and it was really nice meeting you guys! Hopefully we'll catch you again at another nearby rally.

We dream of full-timing for a year or so after retirement, too, so I'm interested in the replies you receive on that. My grandparents full-timed in a small trailer (a 14' Shasta or something?) for a year sometime in the 60's and loved it.

Tirah

Quote:
Greetings,

I recently returned from my first egg rally and it was great! I was hoping to meet some people who full-time in their eggs yet I didn't run across anyone.

So while I have fulltimed in a 30 footer for several years and lived in a 22 sailboat for 8 years while exploring the Kiwi colored waters of the Florida keys, I have a sense of what it would be like to live in an egg for an extended period of time.

Yet, I would really like to hear from people who are on the road full-timing and have them share what they really love about it full-timing in an egg, what is a compromise and what might they sacrifice?

We are thinking about doing some extensive exploring in America, British Columbia and Mexico when Tish retires and have been debating whether we would be comfortable in our Burro or if we would need a larger trailer.

So it would be insightful to hear from others who have explored the frontier of full-timing in their egg.

Until then...celebrate life!

Warmly,

Laurie
Tirah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fulltiming, eggcamper