Fun swimming egg from the past, a Suleica - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #15
Trailer: 2010 17 ft Escape B ('Cafe Egg')
Cindy, I grew up in Ostfriesland, near Aurich. It is just about an hour off the Dutch border, and 30 min off of the coast. Where are you going to travel? Sounds like lots of fun! My daughter and I will be going to visit over Christmas this year, and we are looking forward to it. By the way, back in Germany I used to drive a to an RV converted VW T4 bus, also in white... But it was a Diesel, very economic. Got about 40 miles to the gallon, because it was also a small engine, around 69 horsepower... Would have been way underpowered to tow anything...

Vickie, the world is really small. My brother lived for about 15 years in central Berlin (Neukoelln). It is funny that some people seem to be more happy or successful or both that far away from where they were born.... That would include me, although it is at times very difficult to have almost all family that far away .....
By the way, when I talk in High German, everybody notices an American accent... And I constantly have to look for German vocabulary...

Gerda, H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:47 PM   #16
Name: Alan
Trailer: FORMERLY:Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
Hi Vickie - Alan here / Galt Calif.

Our daughter, Jessica, was a Congress / Bundestag exchange student, then worked summers in both DE and CH, then spent most of her Masters in Mainz (1/2 hour west of Frankfurt), met and married a nice German guy, and now lives in a small village south of Mainz w/ hubby and two little boys. Michele was pretty bummed at FIRST, but like I told her - if she married and lived in Boston, you would STILL have to get on a plane to go see her. The only difference is that on the other end they don't speak English - and you could ALMOST say the same thing about Boston! (just kidding)

Now all is ok - Michele generally goes over at least once a year for her grandma fix, and now that I am retiring in December, I TOO will get to go over .

Hi Gerda,

Devyn is in Dusseldorf. She was in Duisburg (sp?) for awhile. She majored in German and International Business in Lincoln, NE. Went to school for a semester in Germany (Berlin). After she graduated she got a Fullbright Scholarship to teach English in Duisburg for 9 months. Now she is going to school in Dusseldorf to get a Masters to teach English there. She LOVES Germany and wants to stay! I think she speaks mostly German now (except when she's teaching), so it's funny to hear her talk to us and try to find the English words!

That Eriba sight is beautiful! What opulance!!!

Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #17
Name: Vickie
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2015 Ford F-150, 2017 Winnebago UltraLite 27BHSS

Devyn has met a nice guy in Germany, so one of these years I may have grandkids to visit over there, too!

1988 Perris Pacer
2010 Honda Ridgeline
2013 Winnebago Minnie 2101FBS
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote