FYI Shoppers: There's a 2006 Scamp 16 for Sale in New Hampshire! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2016, 11:14 AM   #1

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
FYI Shoppers: There's a 2006 Scamp 16 for Sale in New Hampshire!

I'm posting this here because it's just informational; I'm not the seller, nor do I know the seller.

A friend called to tell me she was driving down Rt. 125 in NH, and saw a trailer "like your Casita." She was curious, because they're rare in these parts, so she pulled into this Rochester Sports Center (they sell mostly motorcycles) and asked about the trailer.

Turns out it's a 2006 Casita 16', Layout 4, with a bathroom that has never been used (still in wrapping!). They're asking $10,999, and the price includes a Honda generator. It's on their website, here:

Used 2006 Scamp 16' Standard (Layout 4) Other in Barrington, NH

According to my friend, who talked to someone at the store, customers unfamiliar with molded fiberglass trailers are put off by the price. But looking at other Scamp prices, this seems like a reasonable price to me, even a good deal.

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 05:45 AM   #2

Massachusetts
Just wondering if any New Englanders "in the market" have jumped on this. Back in April, when I started looking for MFG trailers, I complained about the "New England desert." They are scarcer than the proverbial hen's teeth.

Maybe should have posted this in the Classifieds, but assumed that would have been violating protocol, as I'm just a reporter, not a seller.

/Mr Lynn

Old 07-14-2016, 06:30 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Look for the "Referrals" section of the classifieds. It's for exactly this kind of posting.

As a matter of etiquette, it's best to limit referrals to listings that are unusual- uncommon make or model, special restoration, or an especially good deal- or ones that are unlisted (parked locally) or (like this one) listed on sites that may not get picked up by the search engine at fiberglass-rv-4sale.com.

Thanks for keeping an eye out! Lots of folks are looking.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:09 AM   #4

Massachusetts
Thank my friend Sheila, who takes an interest in things like this.

And thanks, Jon, for the reminder about the Referrals forum. I have posted a duplicate of this 'spotted' post there.

/Mr Lynn

Tags
for sale, scamp