Gaining Experience. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-06-2016, 04:14 PM   #15

Name: Sylvio
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Quebec
Sands, few things anger me more than when I hit my head. At least I'm not mad at anybody...

My Boler hasn't left the garage yet but reading your story brings up some anxiety already! I wasn't planning on bringing a hard cap on vacations but might reconsider...

Old 03-06-2016, 05:01 PM   #16

Name: Sands
Trailer: 2003 Scamp 16'
Arizona
Looks great Paul! Who knew? I've installed the springs to hold the doors in the open position, but if I'd been smart enough to figure out how the hinges work (or seen yours) I would have used your solution. Clean & simple! I may do it anyway and remove the springs.

I also replaced the knobs with ones that look exactly like your selection. Much easier on the fingers when pulling them open. One question: where's all the stuff in your cabinets? Ours are stuffed full.

Old 03-06-2016, 05:05 PM   #17

Name: Sands
Trailer: 2003 Scamp 16'
Arizona
Sorry to get you ducking at shadows Sylvio! There is hope on the horizon; just writing about bumping my head has upped my awareness...it's been 4 days since I last ran into anything head first.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:27 PM   #18

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
ex VT, now CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sands View Post
Looks great Paul! Who knew? I've installed the springs to hold the doors in the open position, but if I'd been smart enough to figure out how the hinges work (or seen yours) I would have used your solution. Clean & simple! I may do it anyway and remove the springs.

I also replaced the knobs with ones that look exactly like your selection. Much easier on the fingers when pulling them open. One question: where's all the stuff in your cabinets? Ours are stuffed full.
We (my wife much more than I) are pretty careful about not dragging along more than necessary, but those cubbyholes will be pretty full in two weeks. Soon the days will be as long as in September and I am beginning to get excited.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:57 PM   #19

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Iowa
I don't have much of a problem inside the camper. I am a permanent shin bruise man from whacking into the stinger on the Highlander hitch. That's why they call it the stinger I think. And if I forget to put the cover on the ball I get grease on my jeans and get in trouble for that.
Good writing, I could visualize it clearly.
Dave
Old 03-06-2016, 11:44 PM   #20

Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I don't have much of a problem inside the camper. I am a permanent shin bruise man from whacking into the stinger on the Highlander hitch. That's why they call it the stinger I think. And if I forget to put the cover on the ball I get grease on my jeans and get in trouble for that.
Good writing, I could visualize it clearly.
Dave

Had to chuckle about your stinger problems. I did the same thing long ago. After the third time I learned to remove it. It's stays in it's own bag til the next tow comes up.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:57 PM   #21

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Scamp
Idaho
Registry
I understand

I hang up flags on hard objects close to the ground that I'm likely to bust my shins on. I put black and yellow caution tape over the door on my scamp (inside), so I'd remember to duck. I would say "good try...didn't work". My head is a landscape of craters and peaks. I am who I am. My eyesight is good...my attention span is limited. I forget.

I solved the overhead cabinet door problem with tambour doors. Not easy to make, and not for everyone. But I love how they work and how they look. (I'll send photos as soon as I learn how).

I really wanted to make a nice shaker door for my closet but, I knew I'd leave it open and back into it, or run into it, in such a small space, so I'm making curtains for that opening.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I would like to start a new thread, and I don't know how. Could be too many hits on the head. Can someone help me?

Thank You
Gordon
Old 03-07-2016, 05:49 AM   #22

Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon in Idaho View Post
I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I would like to start a new thread, and I don't know how. Could be too many hits on the head. Can someone help me?

Thank You
Gordon
Go to the top of the page and click on the "forums", you'll get a drop down and at the bottom is a box for starting a new discussion.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:15 AM   #23

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Scamp
Idaho
Registry
Dave,

Thanks for the help.