Gaining Experience. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-06-2016, 04:14 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Name: Sylvio
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Quebec
Posts: 195
Sands, few things anger me more than when I hit my head. At least I'm not mad at anybody...

My Boler hasn't left the garage yet but reading your story brings up some anxiety already! I wasn't planning on bringing a hard cap on vacations but might reconsider...
__________________

__________________
Uncle Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 05:01 PM   #16
Member
 
Sands's Avatar
 
Name: Sands
Trailer: 2003 Scamp 16'
Arizona
Posts: 77
Looks great Paul! Who knew? I've installed the springs to hold the doors in the open position, but if I'd been smart enough to figure out how the hinges work (or seen yours) I would have used your solution. Clean & simple! I may do it anyway and remove the springs.

I also replaced the knobs with ones that look exactly like your selection. Much easier on the fingers when pulling them open. One question: where's all the stuff in your cabinets? Ours are stuffed full.
__________________

__________________
Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 05:05 PM   #17
Member
 
Sands's Avatar
 
Name: Sands
Trailer: 2003 Scamp 16'
Arizona
Posts: 77
Sorry to get you ducking at shadows Sylvio! There is hope on the horizon; just writing about bumping my head has upped my awareness...it's been 4 days since I last ran into anything head first.
__________________
Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 06:27 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Paul O.'s Avatar
 
Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
ex VT, now CO
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sands View Post
Looks great Paul! Who knew? I've installed the springs to hold the doors in the open position, but if I'd been smart enough to figure out how the hinges work (or seen yours) I would have used your solution. Clean & simple! I may do it anyway and remove the springs.

I also replaced the knobs with ones that look exactly like your selection. Much easier on the fingers when pulling them open. One question: where's all the stuff in your cabinets? Ours are stuffed full.
We (my wife much more than I) are pretty careful about not dragging along more than necessary, but those cubbyholes will be pretty full in two weeks. Soon the days will be as long as in September and I am beginning to get excited.
__________________
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 07:57 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Iowa
Posts: 147
I don't have much of a problem inside the camper. I am a permanent shin bruise man from whacking into the stinger on the Highlander hitch. That's why they call it the stinger I think. And if I forget to put the cover on the ball I get grease on my jeans and get in trouble for that.
Good writing, I could visualize it clearly.
Dave
__________________
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:44 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Borrego Dave's Avatar
 
Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Posts: 2,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I don't have much of a problem inside the camper. I am a permanent shin bruise man from whacking into the stinger on the Highlander hitch. That's why they call it the stinger I think. And if I forget to put the cover on the ball I get grease on my jeans and get in trouble for that.
Good writing, I could visualize it clearly.
Dave

Had to chuckle about your stinger problems. I did the same thing long ago. After the third time I learned to remove it. It's stays in it's own bag til the next tow comes up.
__________________
Borrego Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:57 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Name: Gordon
Trailer: Scamp
Idaho
Posts: 150
Registry
I understand

I hang up flags on hard objects close to the ground that I'm likely to bust my shins on. I put black and yellow caution tape over the door on my scamp (inside), so I'd remember to duck. I would say "good try...didn't work". My head is a landscape of craters and peaks. I am who I am. My eyesight is good...my attention span is limited. I forget.

I solved the overhead cabinet door problem with tambour doors. Not easy to make, and not for everyone. But I love how they work and how they look. (I'll send photos as soon as I learn how).

I really wanted to make a nice shaker door for my closet but, I knew I'd leave it open and back into it, or run into it, in such a small space, so I'm making curtains for that opening.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I would like to start a new thread, and I don't know how. Could be too many hits on the head. Can someone help me?

Thank You
Gordon
__________________
Gordon in Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:49 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Borrego Dave's Avatar
 
Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Posts: 2,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon in Idaho View Post
I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I would like to start a new thread, and I don't know how. Could be too many hits on the head. Can someone help me?

Thank You
Gordon
Go to the top of the page and click on the "forums", you'll get a drop down and at the bottom is a box for starting a new discussion.
__________________
Borrego Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:15 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Name: Gordon
Trailer: Scamp
Idaho
Posts: 150
Registry
Dave,

Thanks for the help.
__________________

__________________
Gordon in Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gaining Clearance - Raising/ blocking up axel? AuntHoodoo Modifications, Alterations and Updates 12 10-22-2011 11:30 PM
Experience's with a flat tire ? bonnie w General Chat 7 07-06-2007 05:36 PM
Our First Camping Experience Legacy Posts General Chat 3 06-30-2003 11:12 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.