Gas shortage - I-95 NC - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-22-2016, 12:29 PM   #15

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
We've actually had folks insist to us that ethanol in gas never predated the Clinton administration (news flash- started in the Carter administration!) and that there was no 1973 oil embargo. According to my diary I was upset about having to pay the huge price of 76 cents a gallon!

Old 09-22-2016, 05:24 PM   #16

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
OK law forbids price gouging in the event of an emergency, such as a severe ice storm or a tornado. The idea is to prevent anyone from taking unfair advantage of those who are in need.

Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:46 AM   #17

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
North Carolina
While ethanol has been in fuel for a long time, the mandates that REQUIRE IT were passed during the Bush administration in 2005.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:33 AM   #18

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darral T. View Post
I live in Columbia, TN. (Middle Tn.) and by late Friday afternoon, ALL of our stations were out of gas. Never seen that before in my life! Crazy.
Know we know how old your are not!

Suspect I am not the only party here who recalls the two major gas shortages of the 70's and/or been someplace during a disaster where everyone who recalls the 70's takes off to the local gas station and lines to fill up their gas tanks resulting the pumps running dry.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:52 PM   #19

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
Actually Carol, I DO remember some about it even though I was a "little boy" back in the 70's . Actually, I got married in 1979 when the truckers were on strike! Sheesh...if I remember correctly, gas was bringing the world to an end going up to $.75 a gallon .

But, even through all of that, I dont remember a situation like we had last week where EVERY gas station in our town had bags on their pumps because they were totally out of gas! From reports I've heard, Tennessee did get hit hardest. Everything (but the stupid prices!) have returned to normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Know we know how old your are not!

Suspect I am not the only party here who recalls the two major gas shortages of the 70's and/or been someplace during a disaster where everyone who recalls the 70's takes off to the local gas station and lines to fill up their gas tanks resulting the pumps running dry.