Gas Shortage In Southeast? - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-03-2008, 07:50 PM   #1
Trailer: Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
Anyone have any recent experiences with gasoline shortages in Tennessee and Georgia? We're planning a trip through there toward the end of next week and are little concerned about all the shortages reported in the news. I understand things are slowly improving, so maybe this will be a non-issue by the time we leave. AAA has a recorded message that is somewhat reassuring, but still leaves concerns about availability of higher octane gasoline, which our Subaru needs.

Parker Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:52 PM   #2
Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
My cousin in Atlanta tells me that she can't buy gas right now. I don't know about Tennessee. We aren't having any problems now in extreme north Alabama, if your route takes you through there. Good luck!

Sandra Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:22 AM   #3
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I just came back from North Carolina and available fuel was a issue! I was able to suck the bottom of one premium tank to get fuel, I am sure I have some dirt in the tank since that trip. Scary feeling looking for fuel 1K miles from home, I felt like I was in a Mad Max movie with the gas shortage and fuel thefts from vehicles going on.
Rob M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:44 AM   #4
Name: Kevin K
Trailer: 17' Casita
Just carry extra 10 gal in the trunk. This is what I did in 1976 when they had gas rationing. Trip from MN to Cal. in a 1972 Camaro with 2 people.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 07:13 AM   #5
Trailer: 2004 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe / 2000 4Runner Lmtd
The gas shortage is in the metro area of Atlanta. Once you get outside that area, I've seen no problems with finding gas. I live about 50 miles south of the ATL airport, and have plenty here. Just make sure you are fueled up for the drive thru ATL and you'll have no problems.

SS and TheCookieDog
sherri s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:15 AM   #6
Trailer: Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
Thanks, All! Our first overnight stop is in Columbus, GA; I guess Atlanta will be our biggest issue. Our range when towing is only about 250 miles, so maybe gassing up when we first get to GA will do the trick. That, and hopefully things will get better in the next few days.

Parker Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:29 AM   #7
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
We are also headed to Tenn. at the end of the week. My cousin, who lives in Chattanooga, says some places just don't have gas, but others do. In others words you can find it and the lines are not as shown on TV around here. I guess it is worse in other parts of the state.

We will be changing plans if the gas is still not readily available.

Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote