Gathering in Eastern Utah or Western Slope of Colorado - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #1

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Smile Gathering in Eastern Utah or Western Slope of Colorado

I'm just going to throw this out there to see if there might be any interest. Several of us have talked a little about this, but I think the "Season and Work" have them very busy.
Well...what do you all think about making this happen? Open to any and all suggestions on time and location.

Thanks,
Patti
Happy Yule!
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #2

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Patti,
I'm all for something in eastern UT. Living in St. Geo. it should make it easy for me to get to. I am not familiar with camping areas outside of Moab. There may be others who have visited the area and can make suggestions.

Merry Christmas,
Alice

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #3

Name: Jim & Kathy
Trailer: Escape
Northern Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by keekers View Post
I'm just going to throw this out there to see if there might be any interest. Several of us have talked a little about this, but I think the "Season and Work" have them very busy.
Well...what do you all think about making this happen? Open to any and all suggestions on time and location.

Thanks,
Patti
Happy Yule!
Patti,
great idea....western slope CO late April or early May? would also love to visit UT again.
jrbowers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #4

Utah
Registry
Just make sure there is no snow or cold. St. Geo. got it's worst snow in 85 years and it has been COLD here for the past two weeks. Finally getting back up in the 50's at the end of the week.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #5

Name: Dan
Trailer: Casita 17' Liberty Deluxe
Utah
Interested here...... Springtime......or Fall.......or even mid-Summer......
Green River UT has a nice state park. Anything in the vicinity of Grand Junction and surrounding area is also nice.

Thanks.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #6

Colorado
Registry
Well, we are off to a good start knowing that there is interest. Let's keep it going and get some input on specific suggestions as to locations.
Thanks,
Patti
Old 12-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #7

Name: Ashley
Trailer: 1986 Uhaul CT
Utah
Interested! Especially if it's in Utah..
Tuanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #8

Utah
Registry
From the State Park website for UT, there seem to be 3 parks that might fit.
Green River State Park
Dead Horse Point SP
Goblin Valley SP
I have not been to any of them, so can't give a report. Some you have to fill up with water before entering, some have electric. Don't think there are any that have both. I did not check the western section of CO for state campgrounds.
Alice

Old 12-24-2013, 12:50 AM   #9

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Just about anywhere in UT is fun. We particularly like the Southern/Monument Valley area. The Moki Dugway is a fun road. There is good boondock camping in a lot of these areas. Everywhere around Moab is nice where you can camp right along side the Colorado River. There's Canyonlands NP with many good boondocking opportunities. Fall would be our first choice followed by Spring. Summer would be hotter than forty-eleven hells. (But it's a dry heat)
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #10

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Last summer while traveling through AZ I got my DD a souvenir shot glass. The glass had a skeleton on the side, with the words, "But it's a dry heat!"

There may be some high elevation areas where a group could boondock in summer. Like maybe the mountains east of Natural Bridges National Monument? I've been meaning to check that area out one of these years.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #11

Colorado
Registry
Let's please keep this interest and suggestions going. Please post the nearest city to the camping spot you suggest so we can find it on a map. I've only been camping in Colorado and Utah for a few years, so I'm sure you will have many more ideas and suggestions than I do.

Merry Christmas / Happy Yule to all.
Patti
Old 01-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #12

Colorado
Registry
Hello again,
Just thinking about kicking this idea up a notch. If anyone has ideas and knowledge about places around Moab, we had better get some dates picked out soon. Take a look at Gold Bar group area. We need suggestions from those that will take the responsibility to make reservations and get this going. I am willing to do that and others have expressed the same intent. Speak soon or the opportunity for Spring of this year will be gone.
Patti
Old 01-06-2014, 12:52 PM   #13

Name: Jim & Kathy
Trailer: Escape
Northern Colorado
Gold Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by keekers View Post
Hello again,
Just thinking about kicking this idea up a notch. If anyone has ideas and knowledge about places around Moab, we had better get some dates picked out soon. Take a look at Gold Bar group area. We need suggestions from those that will take the responsibility to make reservations and get this going. I am willing to do that and others have expressed the same intent. Speak soon or the opportunity for Spring of this year will be gone.
Patti
Patti,

We are ready to commit to organizing a rally. I will pm you with more info.
jrbowers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #14

Colorado
Registry
Jim, I just left you a phone message. I think if we pick it--they will come.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #15

Name: Gina
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Arizona
Definetly interested. I just became a Boler owner yesterday! I live in Page AZ or the town right next to Lake Powell. Moab is always fun. Ouray Colorado is Beautiful. Goblin Valley is on the to do list.
aznative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #16

Utah
Registry
Donna D., who is on this site also, said one time to just pick a time and place and announce it. Those that want/can come, will. I suggest everyone make their own reservations. It is a big hassle for the one person who is responsible for them.
Alice

Old 01-06-2014, 08:38 PM   #17
SRD

Name: s
Trailer: none
us
We would be interested in a gathering in that neck of the woods.
SRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:28 PM   #18

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallo View Post
Donna D., who is on this site also, said one time to just pick a time and place and announce it. Those that want/can come, will. I suggest everyone make their own reservations. It is a big hassle for the one person who is responsible for them.
Alice
Exactly RIGHT! I remember this conversation A gathering doesn't have to be difficult. Folks just want to know where and when... and where and when they're eating... like potluck times. Adults are often so overly scheduled, just give us lawnchair time to visit and forget all that other "stuff." Best of luck!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:01 AM   #19

Utah
Registry
Donna D., thanks for chiming in. The few gatherings I have gone to are very casual. If it is a 3 day, there isn't much time to get alot done. Maybe a pot luck and wine tasting on the 2nd day. Most people come in on day 1, get set up. Day 2 has a few activities, day 3 is tear down and go home. People are responsible to make their own reservations because in case there is a change, they are tasked with it. If one person handles all reservations, it can be a big headache for cancellations, changes, etc. Not to mention the money handling. There is alot to see in the Moab area, people might want to go exploring.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:37 AM   #20

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
One thing about planning a gathering in an area with lots of nearby activities, folks can plan their vacations around it. Some come early, some stay late. For instance, the Oregon Gathering is Thurs-Sunday, but I'm in the park for 8 nights. Some folks are there for 14!

You'll never get concensus on a date and place. Just pick, where you're not competing with other gatherings, post it and they will come. Best of luck, gatherings are fun!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote