Genesis - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-28-2007, 08:08 AM   #57

Trailer: 17 ft Escape
When storing my old boler in the garage all I needed to do was let half the air out of the tires before pushing it through the door. then once inside I would inflate them again..... cheaper than "garage tires"

As to our new Escape....well, it will have to stay outside :-)

ps. I liked the ability to add the options we wanted on our trailer. Yes, the price goes up but I prefer that to paying for options I don't want. Just a thought.

jen

Old 03-28-2007, 02:39 PM   #58

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe / Infiniti SUV
This is by no means a comment on this nice new addition to the fiberglass market.

I just wanted to remind anyone (particularly a newbie) who sees these 3000 lb. or 3500 lb. tow-weight figures about the tow vehicle's true capacity at altitude.

Engines are theoretically de-rated by approximately 4% for each 1000 ft. increase above sea level. That means little if you are towing in flatlands or perhaps occasionally to several thousand feet above sea level. But, if you ever intend to spend much time in the mountains, it becomes a factor.

As a "for-instance", our home is at 7300'. When we went to look for a new TV to pull the Casita 17', the vehicle I really preferred was rated at 3500 lb. (At sea level.) Although the dealer knew he was going to lose a customer, he was honest (unusual for this particular dealership ) in recommending we not buy that vehicle. He knew that owners around here typically tow at 6000' to 10000' to get to the primo camping areas.

We purchased a 5000 lb. rated TV from another manufacturer and have never looked back---except we have one friend in our local G.S. Chapter who bought the vehicle that I first wanted---tows a trailer that's maybe 200 lbs. heavier than ours, and he's always complaining about going slow and shifting down so much! So, particularly watch the tow capacity of your TV if you're coming up to the high places.

That being said, we look forward to camping next to a bunch of these new trailers some day soon. We, here, all admire the entrepreneurial efforts of guys like this, confident that they will evolve their product to fit the market.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:15 PM   #59

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Steve talked quite a bit with my wife and I at the California RV show in Pomona. We went to look at the different micro lites out there and figured the show was the place to do it. We were looking at going with a T@b or iCamp before the show leaning toward the iCamp. Well we looked at the T@b and at 6'1" I was not thrilled with how short it is and just a porta potty assembled in the USA using many European parts. Then we looked at the iCamp nice setup roomy for what it has inside but just a tad too short it is closest dealer is 500 miles away built in China, Then the Genesis WoW I can stand up in this trailer and the way it is set up as well as the outside galley we are sold as soon as possible we will be buying one, this is the trailer for us! MADE IN THE USA We have a Frontier to pull it with so no problem. The clamshell T@b is the one we were leaning towards in that line. The Genesis is a great trailer if you have not seen it go take a close look the pictures do not do this trailer any justice you need to see it.
Great work Steve!
Quote:
Hello-
My name is Steve Wishek, and I would like to share with you a new fiberglass trailer which we have just this month introduced. The name of the trailer is Genesis. The company is American Sport Trailer. If you would like to see us, you can find us at http://www.americansporttrailer.com.

Attachment 6573

As a new manufacturer we appreciate the opportunity to post to this forum, and we look forward to your comments.
Thanks!
Steve
Old 10-19-2007, 05:57 PM   #60

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Steve talked quite a bit with my wife and I at the California RV show in Pomona. We went to look at the different micro lites out there and figured the show was the place to do it. We were looking at going with a T@b or iCamp before the show leaning toward the iCamp. Well we looked at the T@b and at 6'1" I was not thrilled with how short it is and just a porta potty assembled in the USA using many European parts. Then we looked at the iCamp nice setup roomy for what it has inside but just a tad too short it is closest dealer is 500 miles away built in China, Then the Genesis WoW I can stand up in this trailer and the way it is set up as well as the outside galley we are sold as soon as possible we will be buying one, this is the trailer for us! MADE IN THE USA We have a Frontier to pull it with so no problem. The clamshell T@b is the one we were leaning towards in that line. The Genesis is a great trailer if you have not seen it go take a close look the pictures do not do this trailer any justice you need to see it.
Great work Steve!
Agree completely Rod C. The Genesis was quite a pleasant surprise for us.

We rushed through the show so fast that the iCamp was missed. Didn't know they existed.

Tags
genesis