getting ready for 1st solo - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #1

Name: Imogene
Trailer: 2013 Casita
Missouri
getting ready for 1st solo

leaving Monday for Sedalia,mo. to go to a sheep show and an annual mtg. of a regional sheep group i belong to. This is my first solo in the 13 ft. scamp so i am a little nervous about the trip.....will also be the 2nd day of my 69th year. Hate interstates and bigger roads so will most likely be taking 2 lane roads so I have an excuse to drive slowly. Wish me luck and send any good thoughts my way.....it's only a 225 mile trip to get there and i have driven the route many times, but without towing something.

Also, a question......those little round rubber things that fit on those arms that fit in the track of the oval front window (front bathroom) are broken so have been using duct tape to tape the window shut. Any ideas where I can get those rubber rings.....have thought of using rubber elastrators but i think they may be too thick? thanks.
Imo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Hello Imogene. I remember my first time towing when we bought our first trailer in 2004. Folks said "you won't even know it's there". Nonsense, I was very aware it was there and still am. That's a good thing I think. Check your hitch, set your brakes, set your mirrors, and check your lights before you leave. Drive with care and remember any place you drive into you have to get out. You'll be fine. Good luck, Raz

p.s. No clue what the rubber things are but there are lots of Scamp owners here. Someone will.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:37 PM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Trillium 13 ft (California-made)
Registry
Luck!

Hi Imogene,

All good thoughts and vibes heading your way come Monday! Ditto what Raz said ... all good things to check on, f'sure.

Are your sheep for shearing? If so, do you spin?!

So good luck and have fun!
Maggie
Old 06-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #4

Name: Imogene
Trailer: 2013 Casita
Missouri
thanks for the hints....I've had the scamp follow behind the pick-up but there has always been someone in the cab with me.

Maggie, I raise hair sheep.....too lazy to learn how to shear. They shear themselves by rubbing on trees and fenses then the birds collect their left-overs for their nests.
Imo. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp