"Glamping" or... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-22-2014, 07:56 AM   #15
Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
I medieval Glamped when I was in the SCA (a medieval reinactment group) Large canvas period pavillion, robe bed, furs over wooden chairs...carpets for the floor... fancy hanging candleabra's etc.... I liked that it would look like a scene from a painting of medieval times....

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:54 PM   #16
Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
deryk,sure do miss SCA events....some of the Best Glamping ever.....we where not members,but have 2 daughters that were/are.We use to always go to watch Lady Diana(our #2 DD) and Don Giacomo(married to oldest DD) They were both Rapier fighters. Always had lots of fun dressing up and spending the day with them.
My husband designed several things for them to look period and match the 2 different set ups...one was an ice chest

Happy Camping to all

Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:05 PM   #17
Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Gilda...I love your Glamping style and do so enjoy all your "Themes"when you post your pictures. Keep up the good work!

SteveL. ....We camp so much with our daughters & their families that it is hard to Glamp very much. I do so enjoy it when we go just the 2 of us and have our brothers & sisters join us. Just relax and do all the things that seem relaxing to us and not the kids.
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:01 AM   #18
Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
"Glamping" or...

I enjoy looking other's camp set ups...the whole range from simple to glam. And for my wife and i if in our Van+Parkliner i'd have to say (as others have) that our camp _mood_ changes with the seasons. From late fall through spring thaw we find ourselves typically in a state park with full hook ups on our adventures. But once the sun comes out we are off grid and definitely leave the "Lights" behind as we prefer not to be noticed off the forestry trails.

...that said... we "Glamp" in our full time 5th wheel every day we are in it. There's no foolin' any guests that life in a nicely kept big RV can certainly be relaxing, fun, and simple...all with a Glamping feel.

PS... OH, our "Glamping" only goes so far as even in the full time rig we use/enjoy our fine-paper-china-ware

Blogging from the WET! Coast of Oregon
Bed, Bath, & Beyond...
2010 Chevy Express 1500 AWD Van
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote