Going to the other side - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #113

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy P. View Post
Attacking the stickies with a vengeance comes across as rather "cult-like".
You said it, Sister!

Side note:
I so far object to that attitude that I refrain from using pejoratives like "SOB" and also "sticky" when referring to types other than molded fiberglass... I presume your use in this thread is only for purposes of illustration!

Francesca

Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #114

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy P. View Post
Attacking the stickies with a vengeance comes across as rather "cult-like". OP was just stating what a lot of others run into. Not everyone can take off and drive to the manufacturer or do without certain options, etc. Not everyone buys the most expensive for the impression that it will make. The OP is reasonably frustrated and surely has a right to his opinion of customer service and price/value, a right to whatever options he needs/wants without being considered a snob or out to impress someone.
Fiberglass trailer owners behaving cult like with their own forum and rallies???? Gezz where have we heard or that before.

The good news is that historically this cult does allow its members to wander off and explore "The Dark Side" and we still love them and let them visit here as long as they want. Some here have gone to the "Dark Side" several times but have remained tied to this cult and some have even remained on in leadership roles. Havent seen anyone ever suggest the party who has gone to the "Dark Side" was being snobbish. I can say with honesty that I dont think anyone here thinks any less of those that go to the "Dark Side" and will continue to welcome Steve's participation in our little cult just as those that have gone before him have continued to be a part of the cult. Once a member of this cult always a member it seems.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #115

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Havent seen anyone ever suggest the party who has gone to the "Dark Side" was being snobbish.

That's easy to explain, Carol: We're too stuck up about the superiority of Our Trailers to think anyone else has something to be a snob about!

Francesca
Old 04-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #116

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I frequently use SOB when describing something other than all molded, because of several members I personally know... that have gone to the dark side say it! I figure if they can say it about their own trailer, so can I

Who am I to argue with them
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #117

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
All I can say is I for one have always been on the "Dark Side"ever since I joined this group.{ Francesca,that is why I have never been sighted....because I am not really real } When I joined this forum it was because we were doing research before getting a molded fiberglass RV. At the time we were looking for something to rebuild/restore as a hobby & to then camp in.It did not take long for me to be HOOKED on this sight and ALL the wonderful Friendly people here. I have been a member Many Years(since 2004,I think) We never bought MFGRV because after spend a day & night in his brothers Casita ,he discovered his claustrophobia would not allow him to enjoy it at all! We have both learned many things from this sight,he does lots of woodwork & builds lots of furniture. We have used lots of the ideas for remodel projects in our stickie built camper. Yes,we have had to make some adjustments to things we have used,but so what.WE have learned lots about camping,campers solar power, full timing, just to name a few. I add things when I can or think it might help,I post jokes and try my best to be as good a friend to all as ALL of you have been to me.

I don't post pictures of my camper or the mods that we do out of Respect for my friends I have made here and because this is a molded fiberglass forum. Yes from time to time I give all of you a hard time( but only in good fun) Oh my camper's name is Koala(,because she is small,lightweight and loveable) I /we will always want a molded fiberglas...but we want to be able to enjoy camping and staying in it for long trips & time we know we could not do that so we have to stay on the"Dark Side" and Still feel loved and welcomee in this group.
So Thanks to listening to me and whatever you do ...do it because it is what is right for you!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #118

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Thanks for "staying" Lynn and being so loving.
Camping is what it is about.

I'll not mention a brand, but I looked at one and that was my comment when I got home.
I felt like I just went into a cave. So there are many reasons for what we do.

The brotherhood is the camping, not the brand. lol.

I felt uplifted from your post. Thank you.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #119

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Lynn, Have you looked a Bigfoot? Kinda the best of both worlds.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #120

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I figure if they can say it about their own trailer, so can I

Who am I to argue with them
LOL sometimes they even call them other things we can say here.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #121

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
Michigan
Lynn...check out EggCamper. It's tall enough and wide enough inside to accommodate a person 6'5" tall. The dinette is on the side and the toilet/shower is in the front. It's a very open space inside. At least worth a look. FWIW the company owner and designer is probably 6'4" tall. We've been inside with him and have not felt claustrophobic. I am not but felt that way the first time I was inside a Casita which had been on our possibles list.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #122

Registry
That didn't take long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Musgrave View Post
All I can say is I for one have always been on the "Dark Side"ever since I joined this group.{ Francesca,that is why I have never been sighted....because I am not really real }
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Lynn, Have you looked a Bigfoot? Kinda the best of both worlds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
Lynn...check out EggCamper.
This is why folks don't "come out" to their families...there's always someone right there with The Cure.

That took a lot of courage, Lynn...my advice is to turn off your Private Message Function before the Deprogrammers start pilin' on!

Francesca
Old 04-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #123

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
[This is why folks don't "come out" to their families...there's always someone right there with The Cure.]

No, no, check out the Snoozy.........................LOL

[That took a lot of courage, Lynn...my advice is to turn off your Private Message Function before the Deprogrammers start pilin' on!]

That happens? Pilin' on? lol.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:29 PM   #124

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
OK, I admit it, I am a FG bigot!
I live in the land of the monstrous fifth wheel. Occasionally towing yet another trailer. That, or a bus sized motor-home, that costs as much as I paid for my house, and only sleeps two. I drive by a storage lot for RV's. Row after row of huge houses on wheels. They have come to represent, to me, the boom / bust cycle that is the oil and gas industry. A bumper sticker, "Oh Lord, please let there be another oil boom. I promise, I won't urinate it all away this time!" I am not implying that the OP fits this description at all. This is just to explain my bias.
I guess it is just my contrary nature that I want something that I can drive through a parking lot. I kind of think of it as practical RVing. You know, the green choice.
But I have learned, different strokes for different folks. Where can I buy an RV with a swimming pool?
Was that insensitive?
Old 04-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #125

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Last person ( except me ) to post on this topic has to buy the trailer of his/her choice for everybody else.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:42 PM   #126

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
OK, I admit it, I am a FG bigot! ...snip...
Was that insensitive?
Oh, I don't know...is there real tar in your kettles?

Francesca