Gonna Hold Off For Now - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-05-2010, 05:43 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
After a year spent looking and debating, we've decided to at least delay getting an Egg for several reasons. Firstly, they aren't easy to come by here - haven't seen more than a handful for sale in the past two years - going off-island to get one and bring it back adds major money to the trailer budget. With my wife, a teacher, taking a year off next year, we've opted to take the bit we have saved and spend it traveling to see some old friends, do a bunch of camping and paddling, and improving our summer cabin.

Since we spend 95% of our holiday time on the island, and are never more than than six hours from the cabin if the tenting gets really nasty, it finally came down to how much we thought we'd use the trailer. Not enough right now to justify the expense and hassle of trailering, we've concluded. There may still be an Egg in our future, but now just isn't the right time.

Just wanted to thank the folks on this board for all the info, and say that if anyone's heading for central Newfoundland around Terra Nova National Park, drop us an email - always a cup of tea, a shower and a spot to park for the night, for civilized folks, if we're around...;->))
Richard Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #2

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Richard, thanks for the invite. I have Newfoundland on my list of places to go. Maybe there will be an egg in your drive someday after all. With that invite you may have a lot of them. Terry R.
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Richard, thanks for the invite. I have Newfoundland on my list of places to go. Maybe there will be an egg in your drive someday after all. With that invite you may have a lot of them. Terry R.
Hey, Terry,
The trick is, you'll have to catch us at home - with Chris being off for the year, we're planning to spend most of the decent weather on the road on our way to the water... but if you can catch us, we'll set you up with a feed of fish and brewis as compensation...

Re Newfoundland - for us, this island is, as Morgan Davis says in one of his blues songs, "...the last best place" left in this world. Getting here is a long drive, and Marine Atlantic will certainly save you the trouble of lugging all that money around when you cross the Gulf, but it is truly worth every penny. There is absolutely no other place on earth quite like it...
Old 05-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #4

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Richard,

Did you see this one?
http://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/for-sal...pearl-nl-canada

The asking price was not that outrageous for what I see in the pictures - if there are indeed not too many to found on the Rock.

Roy
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Richard,

Did you see this one?
http://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/for-sal...pearl-nl-canada

The asking price was not that outrageous for what I see in the pictures - if there are indeed not too many to found on the Rock.

Roy
Thanks, Roy, appreciate the info...but we're out of the game for the time being...
Old 05-07-2010, 06:05 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Thanks, Roy, appreciate the info...but we're out of the game for the time being...
Just like life, things change. You may or may not have a molded fiberglass trailer in your future. But you're always welcome to hang around FiberglassRV, to lurk, ask questions, etc.

Best of luck
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Just like life, things change. You may or may not have a molded fiberglass trailer in your future. But you're always welcome to hang around FiberglassRV, to lurk, ask questions, etc.

Best of luck
Donna,
Thanks - I really appreciate the reply - and I'll be doing just that occcasionally. This board is one of the nicest spots on the net - reminds me a lot of Nick Schade's Kayak Building Bulletin Board - a real good mix of folks who share a fascination with the nuts and bolts of a particular obsession. The newbies ask questions about what's what, and how can I, and the been-there-done-that people supply answers and encouragement. No fuss, no hassles, no snarkiness - it says a a lot about both the sort of people who are into the Eggs, and the moderators of FiberglassRV. That's why there's an open invite to come and visit if you're passing our way...

And, of course, if we should happen across a poor, neglected Egg in need of some serious mother-henning in our travels...