good deal on screen!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2008, 09:23 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
I found this great deal on a screen and a tent that both go inside your ez up 10'x10'

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/store...p;ci_sku=249627

I got one of each (not the pop up) for $45 including shipping. I thought this was a great find!!
Attached Images

April Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:40 PM   #2

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
I found this great deal on a screen and a tent that both go inside your ez up 10'x10'

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/store...p;ci_sku=249627

I got one of each (not the pop up) for $45 including shipping. I thought this was a great find!!
It looks like a good deal but will it work with another brand of canopy?
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:58 PM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 15 ft
Quote:
It looks like a good deal but will it work with another brand of canopy?
I just went to the web site and ordered one each too. My pop-up canopy is shaped the same and looks the same so I figure it will work with it. Might look a little funny as the canopy is red and the insert will be blue. Oh Well! If it doesn't fit perfectly I can retro-fit it.
Thanks for the heads up April!
Cathy Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:43 AM   #4
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
My EZ-Up is the straight leg variety (with white canopy). I'm afraid the screen insert wouldn't fit... But at that price, it's tempting to just order a whole new set up... I'm not familiar with the brand, though - does anybody here have experience with it? (The clearance price seems too good to be true!)

Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:15 PM   #5

I also have the white top straight leg, but I thought for just over $10, all that screen will be useful for something. I am guessing there will be a slight fiting problem, but we really only need the screen to be stretched on 3 sides, the 4th will be along the trailer, so I thought I could find some way to make it fit by connecting to the camper (maybe velcro?). Worse case, I have a huge amount of screen to use for another project that didn't cost much. The tent however, should fit ok, and I am sure we can find a way to compensate if it doesn't. If you want to pay a little extra shipping, they had the canopy/tent/screen combo for $65, but shipping was about $65 (to us in TX) but you will have the entire set up that all fits and matches together.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:06 PM   #6

Exclamation

Got my screen and tent insert in the mail today. I won't be able to test it out right away, but as soon as I am able, I will post my results.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:24 PM   #7

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 13 ft and 2003 Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17CB)
We got the whole set sent to the local West Marine to avoid shipping.So only $68.00 and change, with the tax, for canopy, screen, and tent! Thanks for the heads up April. The blue doesn't work with the Scamp but goes with the Bigfoot much better.
Tony and Darlene
Tony Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #8

Tony,

How did you go about doing that? Did you call the store ahead of time, or did you just enter the local store address in the check out? We have a West Marine close to us, and I really wanted to get the whole package deal for that $68 price.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:51 PM   #9

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
Those of you with straight walls may want to check out The Hut Shop.com We ordered the solid walls for our Walmart-purchased First-up. Prices for both screen walls and solid walls are hard to beat.
Shipping to Canada was ridiculous however so we had them shipped to friends in Michigan and picked them up while on vacation. They received them the same week that I ordered them.
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:49 AM   #10

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 13 ft and 2003 Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17CB)
April,
Glad to hear you got your trailer,now the fun begins! Yes,I called the local store and gave them the WM stock number (7961345) and a week later it arrived. Paid via creit card, over the phone. The caveat would be if the warehouse in CA has it, according to the local WM manager. Ours came from the East coast somwhere (NC?).It still is available on the website.
We hope to see you down the road.
Tony and Darlene
Tony Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote