Goodbye to our camping companion! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2011, 08:03 PM   #21

Trailer: Boler 1984
My thoughts go out to you. Over the 44 years of our marriage we have shared the love given by some wonderfull four leged pets/friends. Thank you for bringing back memories of campground walks and the people we've met because out pet was there with us. May your memories be as good.
Jim
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:05 AM   #22

Name: Roamin’
Trailer: 2018 13’ Scamp Standard, formerly had a 2005 13’ Scamp standard
New Hampshire
My sympathies for your loss. There is nothing like the love we have for our pets and them for us. I hope in time the pain fades and the memories grow stronger.
Sincerely,
Heidi
DogHaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:43 PM   #23

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
I am so sorry I feel for you!
******************************************** Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals that had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... Author unknown...
kirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #24

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Brian,
Oliver had a great life. And he obviously loved living with his people, and you with him. You did the best for him for all the time that was given to him.
It might help the healing if you get a rescue and give someone else a chance to experience what Oliver did. I know this has helped us through our difficult times.

Mike
Michael W A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #25

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Edward, your loss is just as great. I hadn't read your post earlier. I wish you the best moving forward through this difficult time.
Mike
Michael W A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:28 PM   #26

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Brian & Edward I'm *sorry* to hear of both your losses - I know how hard it is to say good to our four legged friends but I also know they do indeed leave us with so many good memories to keep with us forever.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #27

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
Good move getting a new dog right away. I think itbis best to have two, where onevis five years older than the other...so you always have one.
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:51 PM   #28

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
My sympathies to both of you on your loss of your 4 legged companions. It is really hard to go through but time helps. I agree with Conrad about getting 2 dogs with some years in between them. There is hardly any difference between having 1 dog and having 2 (except in the bed space department). I have gone the 2 dog route for the last 18 years would not go back to just 1. We camp in a 13 footer with the 2 40lb Tollers and we all love it.

Sandy C.
Sandy Christie is offline   Reply With Quote