Got my Lil Snoozy Back - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Got my Lil Snoozy Back

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/a...1&d=1316366198

My Lil Snoozy went back to S Carolina for some updates, and I just got it back this weekend. I was thrilled to have it back, and went camping by myself for the first time. Its the first time that I pulled the snoozy, and I was really worried that I would have to back up sometime. Lucky for me, all went great, and no backing up until I got home, and had to turn it around in my driveway. Someday, I'm really gonna have to learn how to back up a trailer.

A thank you to Nicholas for meeting me halfway, and being there for me, listening to my thoughts. Thanks to Alan for responding to all the emails and phone calls.

The dogs and I had a nice night camping, except that it poured the entire night. Did I ever mention, that every time I go camping it rains?? I stopped at Medoc Mountain State Park in N Carolina, and hoped to go for a long walk, but it was way too wet to go for a long walk. The picture with the truck is at Medoc Mountain. It seemed like a nice campground.

I got two new awnings for the trailer, here's the awning for the side. There is also an awning for the back.

Hoping to get out and go camping again in two weeks, may the rain gods listen and be nice to me.

The trailer is great, I'm a happy camper.
Attached Thumbnails
snoozy camping.jpg   snoozy awning.jpg  

snoozy awning 2.jpg  
Ruth G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Good to hear. Wow! Such a nice looking rig. Best of luck with the backing up. Should just take a little patience and practice. Take to an empty parking lot somewhere and give it a try for a while.

As for the rain, why don't you guys send it over to Texas & New Mexico. Texas is really in need, we are not far behind them.

Happy Travels & Safe Camping.

After a second look at your photos, it appears as if one could just slide it off the "trailer" into a lake or river and go for a pleasure boat cruse in it. If, of course, the lower front hatch is water proof as well as the door in back. Ha! A few mods could take care of those problems.
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #3

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Ruth the Snoozy looks great, you will really enjoy those awnings. One tip if you leave your camper to take a ride or something, do yourself a favor and take down the awnings. I've seen several that left them up while gone only to return with them over the other side of the trailer from wind. How did you make out with a heater ?
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #4

Still thinking about the heater. Found an old cube heater in the garage and am going to try that out. It was surprisingly cold the other night, found myself snuggling with the two dogs. Brought two dogs, left two dogs at home. Felt really guilty, so from now on, all four dogs get to go.

I was gonna get a small propane heater like the little buddy, but don't want to worry about leaving windows cracked open. So it's gonna be electric to start.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #5

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
I think you are much better off with electric.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth G View Post
Did I ever mention, that every time I go camping it rains??
If you will come to central Texas and camp, we will install an electrical circuit on our power pole, so you will have a hook up.

It would be well worth it if we could get some rain out of the deal.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #7

Name: Laura
Trailer: Winnebago
Iowa
Just started looking at these trailers, just wandered how you are liking it, and do you recomend it. Is there more than one floor plan, as that is all I see on there web site.
I sent for some information tonight, I hope they are available now. I am curious why you had to bring your trailer back.
Laura June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura June View Post
Just started looking at these trailers, just wandered how you are liking it, and do you recomend it. Is there more than one floor plan, as that is all I see on there web site.
I sent for some information tonight, I hope they are available now. I am curious why you had to bring your trailer back.
I'm loving the lil snoozy trailer. The bed is super comfortable. It's a queen sized bed, and it's never a dinette. It has a real mattress. I also love the windows. there's no feeling of claustrophobia, it's bright and airy, and doesn't feel crowded.

Lil Snoozy is a brand new trailer. I got one of the first ones. There were a few kinks to work out. Also discussed some things I wanted, and we worked it all out. The shower didn't drain well, and they fixed my plumbing issues. They are now doing all their showers differently.

If you want something different in a floor plan, all you have to do is ask. Its easy to call them and discuss trailers with them.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:12 AM   #9

Iowa
Ruth thanks for the information.
Laura
Old 09-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #10

Name: Glenn
Trailer: lil snoozy
South Carolina
Hey Ruth, glad you have Lil Doozy back! Nick has a mini rally in NC this Oct. and we're going to be there. Can you join us? There should be about 4 or 5 Snoozy's and Nick is trying to get a few sites together . It's Friday 14 to Sun 16. I'm liking those awnings!
Happy Trails!
Gleam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #11

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
We drove past the factory on I-26 earlier today. Saw the cute little trailers sitting outside. Very attractive. We didn't stop to take a look inside, though.
I'm sure you're enjoying it a lot! Congrats on your new trailer..
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:23 AM   #12

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth G View Post
The dogs and I had a nice night camping, except that it poured the entire night. Did I ever mention, that every time I go camping it rains??
You just mentioned the #1 reason I went with a FGRV... I can do perfectly well with canvas most of the time, but it invariably rains near the end of any trip I'm on and I have to drag wet canvas home, set it up again to air/dry it out, then try to get it folded and put away before it gets wet again at home!

Congratulations on getting your own rig personalized so well for your needs and wants. May you (and your canine buddies) have many nights and days of camping bliss with it.

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #13

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
Ruth,

Great looking Snoozy! I had the privilege of poking around one at the Poconos rally. I am curious about the tongue weight, since I can't seem to find any mention of it on their website. With the bathroom in the rear, I was hoping it would keep the tongue fairly light. May car can tow 2,700 pounds (up to 4,000 pounds in some countries), but is limited to 200 pounds on the tongue.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:12 AM   #14

Sorry, I have no idea what the tongue weight is. It would be nice to know, and also to know the weight of the snoozy when it's packed for an adventure.

We went camping in the snoozy a week ago, and plan to go next weekend too. It's been great for me, for years I never went away for weekends. Now, I slip away frequently. We went up to Shenandoah National Park. Lately, I've been doing most of the driving. I'm thrilled with how easy to tow it is. It was blustery and cold at the park, sure grateful not to be in a tent.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:38 AM   #15

Iowa
mcbrew, I would email or call the lil snoozy people, they are very informative and helpful to talk with. I have already recieved a lot of information from them just by emailing them.