Got my title and getting started - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-19-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
Name: Dan
Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft "Siesta"
I finally got my title from Oregon. I received my title from Washington a month ago and went to the Oregon DMV to pick it up. They said I needed the trailer there to get the transfer. Since I didn't want to spend any money yet, I had taken the trailer completely apart, so that what I bought, just the shell and trailer frame. I had not found any VIN numbers on the trailer, so was holding my breath. The person that helped me looked at the faded tag with non-readable information on the frame and started feeling above the tag. Sure enough he found the VIN stamped in the frame and everything matched. He did say to just lightly sand and lightly paint over the VIN to not hid or get rid of it, (good advice). Below is the start of the project. Over the next couple of months I'm pulling the shell off the frame, getting a new axle installed and having the front bench foot area enlarged to put the dinning area up front. I'm doing major modifications to the bed, 11" wider, and many other items. I'll keep it posted as things are slowly done, I'm in no hurry and want to enjoy the process.

Attached Thumbnails

Dan H

Just for fun Photo Website -
DannyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Great New's that it went smoothly. Keep the pic's coming of your project.

Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I remember you -- you had the "clean" title that had actually gone through the laundry

Glad to hear it all worked out, and I can't wait to watch your progress.

If I camped as a couple, I would be very temped to "lop" 6" to 8" off the kitchen and closet and make a larger double bed - like a deluxe. Great idea.

Raya is offline   Reply With Quote