Got our new PARKLINER!!! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2014, 06:10 PM   #21

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
Are we sleeping sideways?? Felt fine to us. But, now that you mention it....

Am thinking radio near the tv so we can hear it outside without turning it up TOO loud.

The guitar was one of the options, didn't you see it? ;-)
I just noticed the TV Gretchen, not being much of a TV person. Gail noticed it though, she likes TV. I'm not interested in a radio, being an inveterate iPod user, but do find radios useful sometimes. Are you looking at a 12V auto radio or 110V unit?

We both like the mirror, it looks great and balances very nicely. Mirrors make small places look bigger.

We were told when we bought #006 used that it had most all the options. Nobody mentioned guitars! Actually it's my 2 youngest sons who love to play. We keep an acoustic here just for when they visit.

Keep us posted on projects!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:10 PM   #22

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
I Love the pom poms on the window shades….
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:13 AM   #23

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Looks Great! I like the idea of changing the knobs... now I need to start looking for new ones lol

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:16 AM   #24

Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
Fern is lovely! The green knobs and fridge really give her a retro look.
Hope you didn't get the storms that had us hunkered down in our basement last night. Fern's cousin Esio had to sit outside in the driveway. Round two tonight.
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:22 AM   #25

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie View Post
Fern is lovely! The green knobs and fridge really give her a retro look.
Hope you didn't get the storms that had us hunkered down in our basement last night. Fern's cousin Esio had to sit outside in the driveway. Round two tonight.
Boy oh boy, good luck all you folks with eggs in the path of these violent storms. If nothing else, if it's a bad hail storm, eggs will survive outside where lesser trailers will not! All we have for cover is a Calmark Sunbrella cover. Maybe I should give some thought to a carport again...

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 04-29-2014, 09:11 AM   #26

Alabama
Thanks, Frank!
I wish we had covered storage, too. We just have the ADCO cover from CW. Not much we can do to protect against against tornadoes around here, but maybe from hail. I've seen cars totalled by softball-sized hail, so we slid a 4'x8' sheet of styrofoam insulation onto the roof of the ParkLiner, under the cover, hoping to blunt the impact. You're right, though, I think fiberglass is better to begin with.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #27

New York
That sheet of insulation is a great idea Tammie! Best of luck with this stupid weather!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 04-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #28

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie View Post
... Hope you didn't get the storms that had us hunkered down in our basement last night. ...
Tammie, Just curious where about you live in Alabama. We live in the "suburbs" of Notasulga (out in the sticks of north Macon County) and spent 2:30-3:30 a.m. this morning in our underground storm shelter with our three dogs while the storm passed over us. Our egg was anchored down using chains in a shed with tin roofing but open sides. Luckily no tornado or hail with all that high wind and rain - and no damage to us, the dogs or our egg. We'll see what round #2 brings tonight. It won't be long before we transition from tornado season to hurricane season! Ya gotta love living in the South! Stay safe.... Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:05 PM   #29

Alabama
We're in the 'burbs south of Birmingham, just up 280 from you. Our tornado warning sounded around 11 til midnight before it moved east toward you. No scrambled eggs, thank you!
Old 04-29-2014, 02:40 PM   #30

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Tammie your idea of using styrofoam works great. Years ago I had a problem with someone hitting golfballs into the storage lot I had my class A in and ended up with a broken side window. I made up some window covers with one inch thick styrofoam inside and never had another problem. I did test the styro first with a golfball......only made a small dent in it. BTW the MH had fiberglass sides and roof and if it had been hit by any of the balls I never saw any marks from them. Fiberglass is some tuff stuff.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:58 AM   #31

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
Gretchen, Your Parkliner looks great. Looks like you are really enjoying it - Congratulations! Kevin
Kevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:01 AM   #32

New York
Gail saw pictures of the interior of Gretchen's ParkLiner & now I'm installing cable stuff for a TV...

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-01-2014, 07:07 AM   #33

Name: Gretchen
Trailer: Coachman Freedom Express
Tennessee
Just a some rain here, not bad in middle TN. We kicked the cars out of the carport for now and put Fern under it! She is worth more than both of them anyway!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:11 AM   #34

Tennessee
In case your wondering, I screwed the TV mount thru the cabinet to a piece of 1 x 4 inside, than also a piece of 1 x 4 outside and a slice if a 2 x 4 under it. Should keep it stable. Don't screw into those white square columns on the sides, they have wire, pipes etc going thru them! Am going to pain it white so it doesn't stick out.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:12 AM   #35

New York
Quote:
Just a some rain here, not bad in middle TN. We kicked the cars out of the carport for now and put Fern under it! She is worth more than both of them anyway!
Good you have a carport you can put your ParkLiner under Gretchen! These trailers are tall! I am still considering a carport for 006. Problem is all it's been doing is raining, and I still need to finish waxing it, plus got a bunch of other stuff to do. Squeezed for time!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-01-2014, 07:12 AM   #36

Tennessee
Kevin, I was wondering if you got yours last weekend??
Old 05-01-2014, 07:17 AM   #37

New York
Quote:
In case your wondering, I screwed the TV mount thru the cabinet to a piece of 1 x 4 inside, than also a piece of 1 x 4 outside and a slice if a 2 x 4 under it. Should keep it stable. Don't screw into those white square columns on the sides, they have wire, pipes etc going thru them! Am going to pain it white so it doesn't stick out.
Ya know Gretchen, I had not started wondering, but as always, your advice is very much appreciated. We have the perfect little lightweight flat screen TV in our guest room that we're going to mount in the ParkLiner right where you mounted yours. We ordered a mount for it from Amazon (and a cable outlet for the trailer), so once the raindrops stop here I can get in it and take a look at the space there.

By the way, after losing the microwave on the way home from NJ last September, I am a bit concerned about stability!

Thanks for the tips!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-01-2014, 09:32 AM   #38

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Gretchen, just saw your photos! Love it! Great colour chooses and the way you have dressed up the shades is Great!

Have fun with it, hope the weather improves in your area fast.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:48 PM   #39

Tennessee
TV Mount in Parkliner

Hi Frank, THought you might like a pic of how I put the tv up. Worked out well. Feels sturdy.

ps. Thanks for sharing about the micorwave, I looked at mine and there are two screws from up underneath, looks like they are going into the bottom of the feet, so should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Ya know Gretchen, I had not started wondering, but as always, your advice is very much appreciated. We have the perfect little lightweight flat screen TV in our guest room that we're going to mount in the ParkLiner right where you mounted yours. We ordered a mount for it from Amazon (and a cable outlet for the trailer), so once the raindrops stop here I can get in it and take a look at the space there.

By the way, after losing the microwave on the way home from NJ last September, I am a bit concerned about stability!

Thanks for the tips!

Frank
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN1697.jpg   DSCN1694.jpg  

DSCN1695.jpg   DSCN1696.jpg  

Old 05-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #40

Tennessee
Thanks Carol. I am a quilter and those are fabric yo-yos. I have gotten crazy making them. They are so fun and easy, makes great pillow decorations too.

Weather should be real nice this weekend, at least no tornados.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Gretchen, just saw your photos! Love it! Great colour chooses and the way you have dressed up the shades is Great!

Have fun with it, hope the weather improves in your area fast.

Tags
parkliner