Got to Go South - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2015, 06:45 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: Parkliner
Kentucky
Got to Go South

Pipes were frozen and now burst at the Farm in KY. Got that handled. Where should I head with my Parkliner (warm place with some water) this weekend needing to be back in KY on March 24?. I'm winterized and will figure that out on the road.
Justabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:11 PM   #2

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Hey John, We highly recommend Gulf Shores State Park, Gulf Shores, AL. Just head south on I-65 until you see signs for the gulf shore beaches, then follow the smell of saltwater right to the crashing waves at the water's edge. And bring an appetite! Lots of good seafood restaurants in and around Gulf Shores and Orange Beach! Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:13 AM   #3

Name: David
Trailer: Airstream International CCD 28
Florida
Fort Pickens National Seashore has a great campground near Pensacola.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 03-07-2015, 08:27 AM   #4

Kentucky
thanks for the suggestions. heading out on Sunday...
Old 03-07-2015, 08:51 AM   #5

Kentucky
Both of the suggestions have no space available! I've not taken my Parkliner to a warm weather spot during the winter. All of my travel has been during the summer. Fun to think of rv popularity though. Any other location ideas?
Old 03-07-2015, 10:00 AM   #6

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 (was 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up)
Registry
The Green Eggs and Ham fiberglass rally is next week in Montgomery, AL. Looks like the South might be in for a wet week though. At least your lines shouldn't freeze there!

Green Eggs & Ham 5 - 2015 - Southeast - The Casita Club Forums
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...m-v-67135.html
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:14 AM   #7

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Some campgrounds hold sites for walk-ins, those sites can not be reserved online. How lucky do you feel?? We liked Henderson Beach state park in the Florida panhandle. Right now at a travel park in Myrtle Beach for an overnight stop on our way back north. Lots of empty sites, and lots of big rigs
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 02:44 PM   #8

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Some campgrounds hold sites for walk-ins, those sites can not be reserved online. How lucky do you feel??
I attended this year Scamp rally in Highlands Hammock SP without reservation. There was only one spot available, but I got it
Old 03-07-2015, 04:38 PM   #9

Name: Rae
Trailer: Boler
Ohio
Try Florida's "Forgotten Coast" which is the panhandle from Panama City, east thru Carrabelle, Apalchacola, etc. Beautiful, uncrowded beaches, no traffic, great seafood. We are at Coast Line RV Resort campground and there are plenty of spaces.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:25 PM   #10

Name: Harvey
Trailer: '84 Scamp 13' & 2001 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Arkansas
rowdy is correct. There are some beautiful campgrounds on or near beaches on Florida's 'forgotten' coast. Been years since we've been there but used to be a great 'commercial' campground at Indian Pass, west end of Apalachicola Bay. Cape San Blas had a couple, & St Joseph Peninsula SP is nice, St George Island SP also, & Apalachicola Nat'l Forest has at least one nice campground.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:04 PM   #11

Name: joe
Trailer: burro 1982
Tennessee
Forgotten coast is great. I am currently at St George Island. As beautiful State Park. My home in Tn. Got hit hard with ice storm too. Have fun.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:10 PM   #12

Name: David
Trailer: Airstream International CCD 28
Florida
Grayton Beach SP, Topsail SP, big Lagoon SP, Stephen Foster Folk and CC, Suwannee River SP, Ocean Pond, Anastasia SP are all in North Florida.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 03-08-2015, 09:53 AM   #13

Kentucky
thanks everyone for the great feedback. heading to Mobile area on Tuesday although it looks like lots of rain over the week, at least it will be in the 70's.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:30 PM   #14

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Hey John, We highly recommend Gulf Shores State Park, Gulf Shores, AL. Just head south on I-65 until you see signs for the gulf shore beaches, then follow the smell of saltwater right to the crashing waves at the water's edge. And bring an appetite! Lots of good seafood restaurants in and around Gulf Shores and Orange Beach! Dale
Made t down to Gulf Shores yesterday. Staying at the Bay Breeze RV Park luckily finding a spot after a Canadian couple decided to leave a week early. I love my PL!
Old 03-12-2015, 04:16 PM   #15

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
We traded the snow and cold of Northern Wisconsin for the rain and clouds of the south . After 2 weeks we are getting anxious to get back home before all the snow melts .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:58 PM   #16

Name: Tab
Trailer: ParkLiner
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabob View Post
Made t down to Gulf Shores yesterday. Staying at the Bay Breeze RV Park luckily finding a spot after a Canadian couple decided to leave a week early. I love my PL!
If you want to try something different, try the French Quarter RV resort in NO. My ParkLiner loved it just after Christmas!
Roadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:38 PM   #17

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabob View Post
Hey John, Sorry about all the rain you had to drive through to get to Gulf Shores, but they say the rain should clear out Friday down there and be a great weekend for you. We're going to try to catch some of the tail end of the Green Eggs & Ham Rally near Montgomery if it clears up here. Friday night is gumbo dinner night at GE&H, so I really hope the weather clears for that! Hope you enjoy the gulf....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:41 PM   #18
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie1 View Post
If you want to try something different, try the French Quarter RV resort in NO. My ParkLiner loved it just after Christmas!
Interesting! It was my understanding that park is for big rigs only. Glad to hear it's not true!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner