Gotta Snoozy! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
ColoRockiesFan's Avatar
 
Name: Lisa
Trailer: Former Escape 19 owner
Virginia
Posts: 216
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post

With nothing on the roof, that leaves good possibilities for solar panels at some point.
Alan was able to prewire the Snoozy for solar power. I'll do some research and pick up a panel that I can put on a tripod (not attached to the roof). This will give me a bit more flexibility on where/what angle to place the solar panel.
__________________

__________________
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Trailer: casita freedom dlx 17
Posts: 112
Congrats Lisa, The snoozy is a great camper. Although I thought you had ordered an escape 19.....what happened?

Can't wait to see it all at the rally and enjoy a Fat Tire with a CO fan

Don and Brenda
__________________

__________________
Don W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:58 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
ColoRockiesFan's Avatar
 
Name: Lisa
Trailer: Former Escape 19 owner
Virginia
Posts: 216
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don W. View Post
Congrats Lisa, The snoozy is a great camper. Although I thought you had ordered an escape 19.....what happened?

Can't wait to see it all at the rally and enjoy a Fat Tire with a CO fan

Don and Brenda
Had a few personal issues come up that forced me to cancel the Escape (nothing that Tammy/Reace did - they were wonderful!).

See you at the rally! (with the Fat Tire ale on ice!)

GO ROCKIES!!
__________________
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #18
Member
 
DavArl's Avatar
 
Name: Dave
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy w Forester
Illinois
Posts: 45
We are shopping too

Congratulations Lisa.

WHAT A COINCIDENCE! My wife and I were at Lil Snoozy checking them out Friday morning as Alan was preparing to drive your Lil Snoozy up to you. We spent a couple of hours with Alan checking them out. Got to see your unit first hand. It was beautiful! Alan was extremely nice and the units are as nice as the pictures show. He told us how you wanted the unit that weekend but he couldn't find anyone to bring it up to you. So he said he wasn't busy so he decided to drive it up to you himself. Couldn't believe it. We really like the Lil Snoozy.
__________________
DavArl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
ColoRockiesFan's Avatar
 
Name: Lisa
Trailer: Former Escape 19 owner
Virginia
Posts: 216
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavArl View Post
Congratulations Lisa.

WHAT A COINCIDENCE! My wife and I were at Lil Snoozy checking them out Friday morning as Alan was preparing to drive your Lil Snoozy up to you. We spent a couple of hours with Alan checking them out. Got to see your unit first hand. It was beautiful! Alan was extremely nice and the units are as nice as the pictures show. He told us how you wanted the unit that weekend but he couldn't find anyone to bring it up to you. So he said he wasn't busy so he decided to drive it up to you himself. Couldn't believe it. We really like the Lil Snoozy.
Talk about a small world! Very cool!

The Snoozys are really unique little trailers and I truely enjoyed meeting Alan. I hope to take a trip south to see him and the factory in the fall.

so are you going to get a Snoozy too?
__________________
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #20
Member
 
DavArl's Avatar
 
Name: Dave
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy w Forester
Illinois
Posts: 45
It's at the top of our list. Just trying to figure out a few things.

I noticed you are a Colorado Rockies fan. We are too since U of C got a lot of our money sending 2 kids there for college. We retire in 2 weeks and are looking forward to doing some RVing although neither of us have ever done it before. It's a big move but one we think we'll love. Also looking forward to seeing some of the folks who've shared on this forum.
__________________
DavArl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Posts: 253
Registry
Congratulations! We are really enjoying our Lil Snoozy and it sounds like you are as well. We picked ours up on April 2nd and continue to marvel at the trailer's fit & finish and personal attention we received from Alan and Nicholas. We camped near by their facility for 4 nights after picking it up. They even came out to the camp ground one evening to make sure we were not having any issues.
Speaking of the fan, we had a closet built under the air conditioner aft of the sink. This required placement of the fan on the backwall in the shower. It works just fine in that location!
We keep finding new features that we love. Just yesterday we discovered that the cabinet under the sink is of perfect size to store two cases of premium micro brewed beer. Now can it really get better than that!
On a more serious note, if anyone is considering a new fiberglass RV, I would recommend that they consider a Lil Snoozy. I have not found anything that I am less than satisfied about.
__________________
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
nikljones's Avatar
 
Name: Nick
Trailer: 2012 Lance 1885
Oregon
Posts: 151
Looks pretty good. Congratulations. The picture with the TV really puts a perspective on it's size. I've seriously considered the Lil' Snoozy in the past and still really like it. I wonder if they'd paint it to match my pickup? Of course now I'm on the other coast in California so quite a jaunt back out that way. Oh well...
__________________
nikljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
ColoRockiesFan's Avatar
 
Name: Lisa
Trailer: Former Escape 19 owner
Virginia
Posts: 216
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavArl View Post
It's at the top of our list. Just trying to figure out a few things.

I noticed you are a Colorado Rockies fan. We are too since U of C got a lot of our money sending 2 kids there for college. We retire in 2 weeks and are looking forward to doing some RVing although neither of us have ever done it before. It's a big move but one we think we'll love. Also looking forward to seeing some of the folks who've shared on this forum.
I did some graduate work at at CU- Boulder. They have a good piece of my $$ too!! I'm a newbie to rv'ing also.
__________________
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
ColoRockiesFan's Avatar
 
Name: Lisa
Trailer: Former Escape 19 owner
Virginia
Posts: 216
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Pittsburgh View Post
We keep finding new features that we love. Just yesterday we discovered that the cabinet under the sink is of perfect size to store two cases of premium micro brewed beer. Now can it really get better than that!
Thanks for the tip!!
__________________
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
theresa p's Avatar
 
Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
Posts: 1,382
Registry
the l'il snoozy sure looks like a beautiful unit. the care and consideration you have received from the owners is superb.
if we go south next winter, we plan to stop in and check out their facility.
congrats and woohoo! sure would love to see interior photos....
__________________
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
ColoRockiesFan's Avatar
 
Name: Lisa
Trailer: Former Escape 19 owner
Virginia
Posts: 216
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikljones View Post
Looks pretty good. Congratulations. The picture with the TV really puts a perspective on it's size. I've seriously considered the Lil' Snoozy in the past and still really like it. I wonder if they'd paint it to match my pickup? Of course now I'm on the other coast in California so quite a jaunt back out that way. Oh well...
I don't know if Alan can repaint for you. I asked if the graphics could be changed to red to match my Ford. It was the only mod that Alan wasn't able to accommodate.
__________________
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Mike Magee's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Posts: 5,143
I think the main color is probably in the fiberglass itself. Which means that a paint job would be extra $$$ and not in the purview of the Snoozy shop unless they have a paint booth (which I doubt). One would probably have to take it to an auto body shop after purchase.

I do know of one custom truck camper mfr. who offers custom paint jobs, but they can offer it because they happen to be located next door to an auto body/paint shop!
__________________
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Radar1's Avatar
 
Name: Dave (and/or John)
Trailer: Scamp 16 SD std layout 6
Georgia
Posts: 767
Registry
Nice! Good luck with your new camper!
__________________

__________________
John-Dave and Marilyn
Sharpsburg, GA
04 Dodge Dakota V-8 and 17 Dodge Durango V-6
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not Fiberglass but you Gotta See This! Ed Harris Classified Archives 2 06-07-2010 07:06 AM
WOW! You gotta see this! BOBSMITH General Chat 15 02-03-2010 10:27 PM
ya gotta see this Lee Senn General Chat 5 10-22-2009 08:45 PM
You Gotta Wonder Benita Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales 5 02-22-2007 01:59 PM
Not Fiberglass but you Gotta See This! Ed Harris Classified Archives 0 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.