Gotta Snoozy! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #1

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Former Escape 19 owner
Virginia
Registry
Gotta Snoozy!

Just bought a Lil Snoozy! This was the easiest transaction EVER! Based on everything I've read, I decided that the Snoozy was exactly what I needed. I exchanged a few emails with Alan (Old Man Snoozy) and then a few phone calls. He had a trailer on the lot which had the modifications I wanted (the big picture window & small window over the bed). He was able to add a few other changes and then Alan personally drove my Snoozy all the way to northern VA to deliver it to me at home over the weekend!

Alan took the time to do a complete walk through with me and showed me everything. He also helped me hitch it up for the first time. We took a short test drive, signed some papers, and then he headed back to SC.

The Snoozy is even cooler than I hoped it would be. It looks small from the outside but "lives large" on the inside. The extra big window really makes the already bright interior even brighter. There's plenty of storage and plenty of space to spread out. I really like the permanent bed and the leather couch. I have a fantastic fan, the Thetford Cassette toilet, and both awnings. Everything is obviously well constructed and solid. The Snoozy tows so easily that I hardly noticed it was behind me.

Alan and Smoakin Concepts are terrific to work with. He is honest, reliable, dependable, flexible and obviously loves his trailers.

Can't wait to start camping!
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
pictures please
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #3

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Congrats.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #4

Virginia
Registry
Pics

I only have 2 pics for now. I'll attach more as I add some "personal" touches.
Attached Thumbnails
Snoozy.jpg   Snoozy 2.jpg  

Old 04-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #5

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Congratulations, and happy camping. We'll look forward to your photos and camping stories!
Sherry
PS Sure is cute.
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Lisa, you lucky! Hubby and I are in the beginning stages of discussing the possibility of getting a Snoozy. So my first question is where is the fantastic fan???? We're thinking we don't want anything on the roof!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #7

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
But Vicki, you just got Bean to the way you wanted it! LOL. Would you sell it if you got a Snoozy? When I was inside one the Fantastic Fan was about in the middle of the trailer a little more towards the kitchen area in the rear. (In the roof).
Old 04-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #8

Registry
Ah, Melissa, you caught that did you? What can I say? I love my Bean, but hubby would really like more room. And I can see how the Lil Snoozy fits his camping style better---he needs a comfy place to sit and work on computer or watch tv.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #9

Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
Lisa, you lucky! Hubby and I are in the beginning stages of discussing the possibility of getting a Snoozy. So my first question is where is the fantastic fan???? We're thinking we don't want anything on the roof!
My fan is not on the roof. It's just under the AC unit on the wall next to the door (and just above the sink).
Old 04-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #10

Registry
Whoo hoo! I'd love to have a picture of a person inside so we could see the roominess relative to human bodies.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #11

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Looks great, thanks for the photos. I like the color instead of the clone RV white.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #12

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Congrat's!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Yes, Yes, more pics..............
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #13

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I love it when a plan comes together
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #14

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
It looks like a happy trailer. Having the pickup in the photo helps put the size into perspective, thanks.

Didn't I see a pic of someone's Snoozy recently, showing a fan vent dome on the rear wall on the bathroom side? I think that is the spot I would want it; I've always liked having the fan in the bathroom to pull out shower moisture and to keep the noise down.

With nothing on the roof, that leaves good possibilities for solar panels at some point.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:34 AM   #15

Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post

With nothing on the roof, that leaves good possibilities for solar panels at some point.
Alan was able to prewire the Snoozy for solar power. I'll do some research and pick up a panel that I can put on a tripod (not attached to the roof). This will give me a bit more flexibility on where/what angle to place the solar panel.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:48 AM   #16

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Congrats Lisa, The snoozy is a great camper. Although I thought you had ordered an escape 19.....what happened?

Can't wait to see it all at the rally and enjoy a Fat Tire with a CO fan

Don and Brenda
Don W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:58 AM   #17

Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don W. View Post
Congrats Lisa, The snoozy is a great camper. Although I thought you had ordered an escape 19.....what happened?

Can't wait to see it all at the rally and enjoy a Fat Tire with a CO fan

Don and Brenda
Had a few personal issues come up that forced me to cancel the Escape (nothing that Tammy/Reace did - they were wonderful!).

See you at the rally! (with the Fat Tire ale on ice!)

GO ROCKIES!!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #18

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy w Forester
Illinois
We are shopping too

Congratulations Lisa.

WHAT A COINCIDENCE! My wife and I were at Lil Snoozy checking them out Friday morning as Alan was preparing to drive your Lil Snoozy up to you. We spent a couple of hours with Alan checking them out. Got to see your unit first hand. It was beautiful! Alan was extremely nice and the units are as nice as the pictures show. He told us how you wanted the unit that weekend but he couldn't find anyone to bring it up to you. So he said he wasn't busy so he decided to drive it up to you himself. Couldn't believe it. We really like the Lil Snoozy.
DavArl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #19

Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavArl View Post
Congratulations Lisa.

WHAT A COINCIDENCE! My wife and I were at Lil Snoozy checking them out Friday morning as Alan was preparing to drive your Lil Snoozy up to you. We spent a couple of hours with Alan checking them out. Got to see your unit first hand. It was beautiful! Alan was extremely nice and the units are as nice as the pictures show. He told us how you wanted the unit that weekend but he couldn't find anyone to bring it up to you. So he said he wasn't busy so he decided to drive it up to you himself. Couldn't believe it. We really like the Lil Snoozy.
Talk about a small world! Very cool!

The Snoozys are really unique little trailers and I truely enjoyed meeting Alan. I hope to take a trip south to see him and the factory in the fall.

so are you going to get a Snoozy too?
Old 04-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #20

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy w Forester
Illinois
It's at the top of our list. Just trying to figure out a few things.

I noticed you are a Colorado Rockies fan. We are too since U of C got a lot of our money sending 2 kids there for college. We retire in 2 weeks and are looking forward to doing some RVing although neither of us have ever done it before. It's a big move but one we think we'll love. Also looking forward to seeing some of the folks who've shared on this forum.
DavArl is offline   Reply With Quote