GPS - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2008, 08:25 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Been there, done that. I've searched Google, looked at sites, logged in and found nothing I want ( UK fish and chip shops ). I don't mind paying, if I get what I'm after.

At the moment, I have to go. What I most want is sani-stations, western Canada, Canada wide, North America, Mexico, in that order. Not sure what I want next, but campsites Canada, US, with ratings would be neat. I have found a site with a list of sani-stations, info on the cost (if any), long. and lat. but no way to download to GPS that I can see.

Perhaps FGRV members could contribute their POIs to this site. I don't know what is involved or if it's expecting too much, but I think I could take a moment to contribute in my travels.

Meantime, my TomTom XL 330 is going back to Future Shop tomorrow. I've talked to TomTom support twice, been to their site and they walked me through the uninstall and install and it still won't work. They have a two-week exchange policy and my new TomTom is waiting for me. They said just take it in with the receipt and Future Shop has acknowleged.

I was astounded that both times I called TomTom support I reached a person on the first ring. Both were terrific to deal with.

baglo
Old 09-17-2008, 10:20 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
How sad. I have to reply to my own post.
Anyway, I visited POI Factory, mentioned in a reply to an earlier GPS message I posted. I only checked out the Canada list, and found quite a few POIs to download, and I found some humour as well. Maybe it's just me, but, I wonder how many people will download "long term care facilities", Ontario. I assume you know where you left your parents, and if you're there, you don't want or need to know where you are.

baglo
Old 09-18-2008, 06:27 AM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Glenn
try the link i supplied at the bottom of this post.... I have used it on my garmin c550 with great success. I put in all state and national parks along with rest area's. walmarts, flying J truck stops, all free campgrounds and BLM out west, etc..... well you get the idea. Lots of stuff on this site.
Joe

http://www.poi-factory.com/

update: I just noticed above you have been to this site..... sorry for the repetition
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:41 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler 1984
Glen have you tried garmin.com and looked at their POI sites?
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote