Great trailer bedding - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-21-2015, 09:24 AM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
Great trailer bedding

Okay so I live in the Great White North and it gets cold at night. We found a great sheet set for the trailer. They are fleece and are very comfortable and WARM! They are Brunswick Sheets made in New Brunswick. The bottom sheets have elastic all they way around and stay put. You crawl into bed and they are warm in minutes. My mother sent us out a set a few years back but we found them too warm for the house but they are great in the trailer on these col to cold nights.Brunswick Sheets
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:06 AM   #2

Name: Claire
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
British Columbia
Registry
Sounds wonderful. Does anyone have any tricks for getting the sheets on the bed when it is surrounded on three sides?
Old 09-22-2015, 09:36 AM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Claire View Post
Sounds wonderful. Does anyone have any tricks for getting the sheets on the bed when it is surrounded on three sides?
LONG ARMS!
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:14 AM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
We have a modified IKEA Futon queen mattress in our Hunter and, as it folds in the middle. we just pull the back half up, hook the sheets in place and push it back down.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:25 AM   #5

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
As to making the bed when 3 sides aren't available....I must admit that I do alot of grunting, bending, stretching and....cursing.

But---in the end, the bed gets made and it's all good.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:29 AM   #6

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
I have found that the best bedding in our trailer is sleeping bags. Simple bed making and putting away.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:36 AM   #7

Name: jack
Trailer: Bigfoot
Arizona
After much frustration, I gave up on fitted sheets. I just use two flat sheets and tuck them in around the edges at night as I go the bed.
tidewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:39 AM   #8

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Our memory foam topper has a hand made fitted sheet. The sheet is in place automatically when the topper is deployed. the convenience of a sleeping bag with the comfort of a real bed!
Attached Thumbnails
b003.JPG   b006.JPG  

b004.JPG   Eggy-Sue inside 006.jpg  

floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:03 AM   #9

Name: Pat
Trailer: Escape 17B Sold 5/2016
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
I have found that the best bedding in our trailer is sleeping bags. Simple bed making and putting away.
I agree with you, Bryon, everything else I've tried just doesn't work for me. When I had a truck camper it was the same, tried sheets at first then finally got a couple sleeping bags.
2012 4Runner Ltd
OneOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:33 AM   #10

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOleMan View Post
I agree with you, Bryon, everything else I've tried just doesn't work for me. When I had a truck camper it was the same, tried sheets at first then finally got a couple sleeping bags.
I use a sleeping bag as well, accept on hot nights, then i use a two single flat sheets. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:31 PM   #11

Name: Peg
Trailer: 2016 -13' Scamp
Massachusetts
Easiest way to make a trailer bed is to sew the flat sheet to the fitted sheet at the bottom edge and 6" up the sides at the bottom two corners. Then to make the bed: roll forward the bottom back corner of the mattress and put on the corner of the fitted sheet. Repeat with the other bottom corner. Then slip on the top two corners. Viola! Sheets are on and in perfect position. I've been doing it with my 4 x 8' teardrop trailer for nine years. Soon to be in a 13' Scamp!!
herons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:21 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Just got home from cross country trip with the Hc1 more on that later but one of the best things we realized was opening the rear door made making the bed a snap ,so easy
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:41 PM   #13

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
It is a lot of laying on the bed and poking sheets behind and under and I can't say I enjoy it. But, since I leave the dinette set up as a bed all the time I only have to do it once for each trip. I can see where it would get pretty old doing it every day though.

I have flannel sheets and a heavy quilt for winter use and regular sheets and a thin comforter for summer use. Sometimes correctly guessing which to put on for Fall or Spring trips can be a challenge.

As an aside, I found a piece of foam bed topper and my daughter and I cut it down for her upper bunk in the front of the Scamp. She attends a sewing class and she and the instructor made a zippered cover for the piece of foam last Saturday. The Instructor has ordered (Pink) sheet material and she and my daughter are going to make a custom fitted set of sheets for the front upper bunk. My daughter does not like a sleeping bag, so I am letting her put her labor (and my $$$) where her mouth is.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:46 PM   #14

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
I used a fat queen size flannel sheet sewn up one side to make a 'pillow case' for the memory foam. It goes on and stays there till the sheet needs washing (on a long trip I turned the whole thing over so I slept on the clean side). I have a home made quilt, sleeping bags of various weights and a top flannel sheet to choose from for a top cover depending on the time of year.

Those fleece sheets would be comfy and warm I bet. Maybe too warm for me as fleece makes me feel sweaty.
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:33 AM   #15

Trailer: 76 Honey Neonex Boler
Registry
Fleece sheets are wonderful. I'm not sure what brand they are but the sheets were bought at Costco. I also purchased the warmest rated duet at IKEA. This combination has kept me nice and warm on many cold nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Karen L W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:06 PM   #16

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
My solution for making up the bed is actually pretty simple. I go outside to tend to other "important" things and such, and when I come back in, like magic, my wife has the bed all made up. I give her a hug, and we start fixing dinner. And that's all I know about that....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 02:13 PM   #17

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Collins View Post
LONG ARMS!
& flat sheets! Forget trying to use a fitted sheet.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 03:20 PM   #18

Name: Harvey
Trailer: '84 Scamp 13' & 2001 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Arkansas
We have the 4" 'memory foam' mattress from WalMart (cut to fit the curves) in our 2001 Casita 17SD. It came with a 'fitted' cover which we modified with large safety pins so it stays tight. We use a fitted microfiber sheet on bottom (works great, just a little difficult to get the corners right but after initial 'making' it's great). A flat microfiber sheet on top followed by an unzipped' thin fleece sleeping bag, does fine for us 90% of the time. We haven't yet spent a winter night there but since we generally stay in CGs with electrical hook ups a small 'cube' heater provides adequate heat. If we need more cover we add another thin fleece bag, & since we leave the rear dinette 'made-up' all the time as our bed, making the bed each morning just involves pulling everything tight & tucking under. The small 2-person side dinette serves us well for eating, sitting, reading, etc. We love not having to make, set-up the dinette every morning.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:48 PM   #19

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen L W View Post
Fleece sheets are wonderful. I'm not sure what brand they are but the sheets were bought at Costco. I also purchased the warmest rated duet at IKEA. This combination has kept me nice and warm on many cold nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
I didn't know that IKEA sold a Solo much less a Duet....LOL
But the heaviest Duvet & matching cover is good to down about -20 f, I think. SÖTVEDEL Duvet, extra warm - Twin - IKEA

We use a medium weight and have to toss it off 1/2 the time.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote