Green Chile Cheeseburgers - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #15
Name: Adrian
Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico
Red face

Ron, I have enjoyed learning a little about Sonoran food. I am releaved to hear Sonoran is NOT staked enchiladas no matter who says that in a web link! I have been told New Mexican style enchiladas are done flat, not rolled. I assumed staked enchiladas were flat.

Not sure how we got onto Mexican cooking, when we started about American Cheeseburgers made with green chile on them. Not a Mexican food, the cheeseburger.

I am NO expert on chili peppers, nor chile. Just been around ag teachers a lot and farmers and a brother of a seed exporter to Mexico and my son's in-laws from the Hatch area. I just tried to recount what I head them talk about.

Come to think of it, I woud say I am no expert on anything. At least if I were ever one, I have forgotten I had been. I have done a variety of things in my life, besides teaching, traveled the US & Canada some (mainly in the West) and listened to peolpe who have educated me on different and varied topics in their convesations. Sadly, I could not be called an expert. Not even as an art teacher, I just did it my way, which might not work for someone else. That is why I like to use links to let others see if what I have said is correct or not. Not that others should do so. To each his own.

I totally agree not all one finds posted on the web, on TV, in newspapers or in books is always correct. Experts can make mistakes, just like the rest of us. Not saying you have, just something I seem to have heard happen with expert witnesses in trials somethimes.

Ron have you ever read the blog The Adventures of Tioga and George? George mentions he grew up in East LA as well. But I do not believe he had a Mexican nana. (My daughter-in-law, did. A step-nana, she was from the state of Chihuahua. She enjoyed her cooking as you did yours. But not raised by her.) Not sure what time frame it was when George grew up in East LA. He is in his early to mid-70s I believe. I can not find where he wrote about his early life in Los Angles, as I remember it, he said it was East Los Angles.

If you like heat in your chili, and get a chance to be back in NM, try a Sandia Green Chile. Good but they are hot. A tasty hot. If possilbe get it on a burger, with or without cheese.

Are you still traveling in Alaska? My son is over by Valdez this week end. First time by there. They like the beauty there. Stuff is turning colors now. He is trying his hand at fishing. But did not have any luck yesterday. Fishing from shore. Enjoying the weather while they can still do so. They just moved up there from ND. Close to Fairbanks.

Shoot, if I never make a mistake, I would not have mentioned the New Mexico way of spelling chili. For sure! Or asked about Sonorian Style.

DesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
2015 Lance 1985 ~ Casita de Campo ~23' 4"
~Previously ~ 2005 16' Scamp
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #16
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson

My gringo scalp is sweating just from reading this!

Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote