Greetings from Delaware - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-30-2008, 09:59 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Talking

Hello. I'm Dave and I live in northern Delaware.

I've been heavily researching RV's for over a year now, and have seen and read a LOT on 5th wheels, travel trailers, hybrids, Class A's, Class B's, Class C's, slide-in truck campers, and pop-ups....

But, I must admit, in all of my research, in all of this time, I have NEVER seen or even heard of these kinds of RVs. I guess they're like one-piece molded travel trailers? I haven't really looked around this site yet, so I'm sure I'll figure it all out soon.

I found this site through a post on RV.net Open roads forum, where I asked the question of anyone converting their minivan to an RV. One member mentioned someone here converting their Honda Odyssey to be a "bedroom" so to speak. So, here I am, ready to learn a lot about these kinds of RV's, and their minivan TV's.

I currently have a 1998 Chrysler Town & Country minivan, and some day I plan on getting a Sportsmobile Class B RV.

Thanks for the site. I hope to learn a lot from it, and someday be able to make useful posts here.
David Mooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:23 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Dave, here is a link to a video provided by the Scamp Travel Trailers. It may help in see how they are made and get a view into them and on the road.
http://www.bizstory.biz/bizstory/index.php...p;salesrepid=76

I liked their old video from the factory (gotten by mail) better, because it shows more building of a unit than the one on the web page.

Oct 30 Edit: If the above link will not open try finding it here: Check on the lower far left column under Scamp BizStory (video)

http://www.scamptrailers.com/
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:12 AM   #3

Thanks for the welcome, and the link (although it's not opening up for me..... I'll try it tonight after I get home).
Old 10-30-2008, 01:58 PM   #4

Trailer: 2007 Casita
David, Welcome! All I can say is I have camped in just about every type of Rv going, have owned several over the years. Parents owned everything from a bumper pull in the early 60's to class A's. Dh and I had only ever owned Class A's but this last purchase of a small fiberglass trailer ( 2007 Casita) is honestly our favorite rv purchase ever. Hope you enjoy the journey to fiberglass addiction! LOL............ Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #5

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome, and the link (although it's not opening up for me..... I'll try it tonight after I get home).
Hi: David and WELCOME!!! Our first trailer was a '77 Boler. It was really cute... but our present trailer is an '07 Escape 5th. wheel. Both of these are molded fiberglass. The Escape is IMHO the finest light weight 5th. wheel on the market!!! Google them at www.escapetrailer.com
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:26 PM   #6

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Hi David.....
Welcome to the site and there are many great trailers to look at and i can't recommend just one but if you ever want to see an egg up close i have a 94' Casita Spirit Deluxe (SD) which is 16' and I live in the Reading PA area (which isn't too far from you). We just moved here about two years ago and hopefully someday want to check out the "Delaware Seashore Campground" on the "Indian River Inlet".
Again welcome to this site as i really enjoy it alot.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:57 PM   #7

Thanks Robin! Sounds like you've camped in more RV's than I've looked at in my lifetime!

Thank you, Alf. I'll take a look at them, although I'm not looking into a 5er anymore. I don't want to buy a new TV.

Thanks for the welcome Joe! Sounds like you are kind of close to me. Let me know when you're on your way to the DE Seashore and maybe I can meet you somewhere to check out your rig!

Oh, and BTW: I got that link to work and watched the video. I like the 16 footer....
Old 10-30-2008, 03:05 PM   #8

Trailer: Boler 1984
Hello and welcome Dave
To see a variety of fiberglass trailers look to the left hand margin and click on the HOME page. There you can select and look at all the different brands. Have a ball.
Jim
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:58 PM   #9

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
I found this site through a post on RV.net Open roads forum, where I asked the question of anyone converting their minivan to an RV. One member mentioned [b]someone here converting their Honda Odyssey to be a "bedroom" so to speak. So, here I am, ready to learn a lot about these kinds of RV's, and their minivan TV's.
That would be me.

Our Fiber Stream trailer only sleeps 2, and we have taken friends along on some of our trips.
Link to our Odyssey "Guest Bedroom".

Link to other uses for Odyssey "furniture".
Old 10-30-2008, 07:02 PM   #10

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Hello. I'm Dave and I live in northern Delaware.
... where I asked the question of anyone converting their minivan to an RV.
Welcome Dave. If you're still searching for answers about the van to RV conversion, click on this site, you may find something of value: How to Convert a Van into a Camper Van
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:02 PM   #11

James, thanks for the welcome! I've been checking all these little fiberglass things out. They're like the TT's and 5ers I've researched already, just one piece and smaller, sort of like pop-up trailers.

Quote:
That would be me.
It was you!!?? THANK YOU for the links and photos. There are some great ideas in your posts. I'll read them thoroughly later!

Donna, thank you. I have seen the cheapRVliving.com site before. Good stuff. I plan on converting (well, having a company convert) an actual van (not minivan) eventually, when funds allow. The minivan thing is a pre-RV project right now...

Thanks, everyone!!