Greetings from Seattle... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2006, 11:16 PM   #1

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Hello to all!

I haven't been on in a while and missed you! Life has been getting in the way. I lost a very dear friend and this world lost a marvelous woman last week. She was a 45 year old wife and mother of two year old twins. She battled ovarian cancer for almost the last five years. Her name was Heidi and perhaps you will raise a glass to her legacy.

WE also moved this last weekend. There are no if, ands or buts about it....MOVING SUCKS!! I suppose in a few months it will all be forgotten. I am really looking forward to Bandon and seeing all of my new (and now some seasoned) friends.

Sharon
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:43 AM   #2
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Thanks for checking in, Sharon. I'm so sorry about your friend. Ovarian cancer is so hard to detect in it's early stages. Even with all our advances in technology, we still haven't developed a realistic test to find it early enough to conquer it reliably.

Boy, having moved a few times myself AND been the victim of a moving company from you know where, I can certainly sympathized with you. The packers were great, but we had to put it in storage for two months and the ones that delivered it ... We couldn't even move in for three days -- and, no, I have NOT forgotton it fifteen years later. Maybe that's why we have lived here longer than anywhere else!
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:02 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi ya Sharon. Sorry to hear about your friend. She'll be forever in your heart.

Ditto, ditto, ditto about moving

We're on the banana peel now for going to Bullard's See you there!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:13 PM   #4

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Sorry about your friend. I plan to break this diet we've been on for a brief respite (my wife's lost 50 pounds and I've lost 37). I'm going to buy a bottle of Japanese plum wine, and I will raise a glass in honor of Heidi, mother of two, friend of you.

Yes, moving sucks. It's one of the most horrible experiences of which I know. I dread moving and each time I have it has been a monstrous chore. Ugh!
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:58 AM   #5

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Oh, Sharon, I'm so sorry for the loss and grief you are feeling right now. I will definitely toast Heidi's memory in the next couple of days.

Your stress level must be OFF THE CHARTS! Moving is SO hard. Please find a way to take care of yourself a bit each week - and not wait until the Oregon Gathering to do it. Okay? (Mothering you a bit here. )

Take care, Girl Friend.
Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:23 AM   #6

Trailer: Love Bug 1974
So sorry to hear of your loss, Sharon. Losing a good friend is so hard. I had ovarian cancer when I was 17. It was discovered after I fell going into the dorm at college and ended up with a slight skull fracture. I was in the hospital for a week, was given a physical and they found a mass the size of an orange. Two days later it was the size of a grapefruit and when they operated a few days later, it was the size of a football. I truly believe the good Lord had a hand in the discovery of mine. I had felt twinges, but, being 17, new to college, would I have gone in in time? Not a chance. I am very thankful and especially so after hearing of your experience. Thank you for sharing.

We too are moving. I am selling my house and design studio and have waaaaaay too much stuff to move! To top it off, my husband's mother passed away recently and I have to empty and sell that house.

Anyone wanna buy a fully furnished house in Minnesota?

Keep the faith dear girl. Hugs to you.
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote