grrrrr why can't i have a little time? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #21

Name: Ginny
Trailer: Escape
Alaska
Registry
When the husband and I are messaging some bit of dreary news back and forth to each other, one of us will always end up saying, "Wish we were scamping!" Retirement at 62 is only three years away for him and he's counting the days! Donna is right...close the door and you can be anywhere you want. That's the magic of the little fbrv.
GingerB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #22

Name: Phil
Trailer: 2001 19' Scamp fifth wheel
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Ginny and I just read "Have a Little Faith" by Mitch Albom, a marvelous little book even for the non-religious. (Mitch is a talented sports writer famous for "Tuesdays with Maury".

Part of the book mentions becoming "first in line" to die. Ginny and I are both first borns and now the oldest members of our respective families. Now we recognize we're first in line, rather interesting to ponder.

Over our 12 year, retired RVing lives we've had to respond to 4 or 5 family medical emergencies, causing us to divert from our rather loose travel plans. It has never been a concern, just part of life and death. Actually being RVers it has permitted us to take our little rig to the location of the need and to be of service from our RV, a nice side bar to being an RVer.

On the whole being an RVer has made for a more relaxed life yet at the same time allowed us to spend more time where needed and allowed us to spend time with long distant children and grandchildren. One neat part of the RV is you can travel 3000 miles, be close yet not intrusive thru your RV.

We wish John and everyone well and may these sad events be minimal and encouragement to find peace and joy in their lives.

Safe travesl to all, through life and on the road,
My Aunts granddaughter 8 years old just passed away on Halloween from Leukemia, she was fine doing cheer leading and being a normal kid, she developed swollen gums they took her to the dentist who suggested she see a doctor. She went through three days of chemotherapy during hurricane Sandy and succumbed to the disease.

What a shock, we had a hard time getting a flight from California to NY but managed to make it. We went back for Christmas because we wanted to support the family. Very sad, you might not be next in line but my uncle says every time I talk to him why her he would have gladly switched places !
Philmag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #23

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philmag1 View Post
My Aunts granddaughter 8 years old just passed away on Halloween from Leukemia, she was fine doing cheer leading and being a normal kid, she developed swollen gums they took her to the dentist who suggested she see a doctor. She went through three days of chemotherapy during hurricane Sandy and succumbed to the disease.

What a shock, we had a hard time getting a flight from California to NY but managed to make it. We went back for Christmas because we wanted to support the family. Very sad, you might not be next in line but my uncle says every time I talk to him why her he would have gladly switched places !
thats just wrong, no one should ever have to see their grandchildren or children go.