Happier Camper - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2015, 10:52 AM   #1

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Happier Camper

I saw a Happier Camper trailer in a truck stop in Oklahoma a couple of days ago. Appears to be molded fiberglass, 13 foot and the back end had a lift hatch like on SUVs. Large air conditioner at the extreme back of the roof. Never saw one before nor havI even heard of it. Towed my a Mini Cooper. Do they still attach Cooper to it or is it just a Mini?
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:56 AM   #2

Name: Richard
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Saw a clutch of those little eggs at Burning Man 2015. They don't have any inside amenities like a bath/shower or kitchen, just a hassock type chemical toilet. The interior has modules that you can move around to make beds, couches, etc. Solar cells are mounted on the roof with a power bank inside. They look like a good option for those wanting to upgrade from a tent or a pop-up camper, but not wanting to invest in a full service TT. I didn't ask about the prices.
CasitaRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:41 AM   #3

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
I saw a Happier Camper trailer in a truck stop in Oklahoma a couple of days ago. Appears to be molded fiberglass, 13 foot and the back end had a lift hatch like on SUVs. Large air conditioner at the extreme back of the roof. Never saw one before nor havI even heard of it. Towed my a Mini Cooper. Do they still attach Cooper to it or is it just a Mini?
Hi: rgrugg... They are made by the son of a member on this forum and also the Escape forum. Haven't seen one in the shell yet... but might at Bolerama in July!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 12:02 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasitaRick View Post
Saw a clutch of those little eggs at Burning Man 2015. They don't have any inside amenities like a bath/shower or kitchen, just a hassock type chemical toilet. The interior has modules that you can move around to make beds, couches, etc. Solar cells are mounted on the roof with a power bank inside. They look like a good option for those wanting to upgrade from a tent or a pop-up camper, but not wanting to invest in a full service TT. I didn't ask about the prices.
Actually Richard the HC1 does have a partial or a full kitchen component the trailers you saw left their kitchens at home as they did not need them for burning man . The beauty of the HC1 is you can bring what you need when you need it
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 12:10 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
Hey Bob the Trailer you saw was indeed the HC1 .it was being towed from LA to Chicogo and back by the Mini Cooper countryman with a ( world) tow rating of 2000 lbs.towed there and back extremely well.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 12:14 PM   #6

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
I can see the benefit of that flexibility. For a 1 or 2 person trip, have the kitchen module and whatever else. For a short campout with extra kids along, pull out some modules and use the space for sleeping.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 01:15 PM   #7

Name: Donald
Trailer: Happier Camper HC1 (Subaru Outback Stranded Me)now towing with RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Major overkill.
California
Update on HC1

Prior to Christmas I had my HC1 down in LA for a little work and came back up from Los Angeles along Highway 101, staying at Carpentaria State Beach one night, and then at Veterans Memorial Park, in Monterey California, one night. It was wet, rainy, and cold but my wife and I were really snug in the trailer. My new solar system works great, and a few other upgrades were done. I now have 12 V pumped water rather than a hand pump faucet. We tend to cook outside usually but with it getting dark at 5 PM we went out to diner each night. Breakfast and lunch were in the trailer.

The trailers and their accessories are in a constant state of development/improvement. I have attached a couple of pictures of the new double module kitchen unit that is under development. So far it looks like it will have a built in stove sink unit, a slide out drawer, and a slide out ice chest or powered chest cooler compartment. The sink unit plugs into a standard 12 V plug so it can still be moved around inside the trailer. Gray water is handled out the side of the trailer into a remote tank, as it is in my single module unit. (my trailer uses a portable stove.)

The other two shots are from my solo trip down to LA to deliver the trailer in mid December. This is Buena Vista Park near Taft, about 5 miles off highway 5. I found it using the "Ultimate Campgrounds" web site. $22 per night with electrical and water.

Don
Sacramento
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0311.jpg   IMG_0312.jpg  

IMG_0310.jpg   IMG_0309.jpg  

Dbybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 01:40 PM   #8

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
World Tow Rating??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Hey Bob the Trailer you saw was indeed the HC1 .it was being towed from LA to Chicogo and back by the Mini Cooper countryman with a ( world) tow rating of 2000 lbs.towed there and back extremely well.
Hmmmm..... "World Tow Rating" That's a new one, that apparently doesn't count in the United States as the owners manual has no tow rating shown, as well as this supporting comment from a mini dealer.

Northwest MINI
What is the tow capacity of the Countryman?

Like all US-specification MINIs, the tow rating is
zero, which is why we do not offer a tow hitch or
tow hitch preparation. We do not endorse such
modifications to the vehicle.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:57 PM   #9

Name: Bill
Trailer: Had Scamp 13'.
Oklahoma
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbybe View Post
Prior to Christmas I had my HC1 down in LA for a little work and came back up from Los Angeles along Highway 101, staying at Carpentaria State Beach one night, and then at Veterans Memorial Park, in Monterey California, one night. It was wet, rainy, and cold but my wife and I were really snug in the trailer. My new solar system works great, and a few other upgrades were done. I now have 12 V pumped water rather than a hand pump faucet. We tend to cook outside usually but with it getting dark at 5 PM we went out to diner each night. Breakfast and lunch were in the trailer.

The trailers and their accessories are in a constant state of development/improvement. I have attached a couple of pictures of the new double module kitchen unit that is under development. So far it looks like it will have a built in stove sink unit, a slide out drawer, and a slide out ice chest or powered chest cooler compartment. The sink unit plugs into a standard 12 V plug so it can still be moved around inside the trailer. Gray water is handled out the side of the trailer into a remote tank, as it is in my single module unit. (my trailer uses a portable stove.)

Don
Sacramento
Don, the stove/sink module looks very interesting. I understand that the HC modules are movable, does that mean that the stove is fueled by a portable LP bottle that is contained within the module?

And does the stove/sing module contain a water supply?

What is the brand of the stove/sink?

Thanks,

Bill
Bill Nolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:24 PM   #10

Name: Donald
Trailer: Happier Camper HC1 (Subaru Outback Stranded Me)now towing with RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Major overkill.
California
Kitchen Module

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Nolen View Post
Don, the stove/sink module looks very interesting. I understand that the HC modules are movable, does that mean that the stove is fueled by a portable LP bottle that is contained within the module?

And does the stove/sing module contain a water supply?

What is the brand of the stove/sink?

Thanks,

Bill
Sink: I have the single module that contains a sink which is now powered by a 12 V pump. The single is Dometic, and I think the sink plus stove is the same brand.

Fuel: I believe the intent is to use portable bottles, but this can be verified with Happier Camper.

Water Tank and filling: There is a water tank within the module with a fill valve at the back of the box. I originally thought this would be a problem for filling but has turned out to be pretty simple. From a hose bib you use a water hose with a flexible wand on the end with a shut off built in. If the piped water is nasty I use a portable funnel with a built end flexible hose I got at Ace Hardware. With this I used bottled water. Either way it only takes a few moments as the tank is 5 gallons.
Dbybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:43 PM   #11

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
The stove/sink is a Dometic/SMEV, and they have several different versions. Try the Panther RV in Seattle web site.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
happier camper, hc1